Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-30-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
Refplace

Default Refplaces GURPS Landing Page

This blog revisits an old site I had and additional ideas.
The primary purpose is to help make GURPS easier to get into.
Most of the content will be gathered into pages such as the ones below.
My GURPS FAQ
GURPS Books suggestions by Genre
GURPS Settings
GURPS Monsters, NPCs and things that make life interesting!
GURPS GM Tips

All linked from the home page
I may add personal material such as settings but the key focus will be to promote GURPS and helping those new to the system. We have plenty of great blogs for the experienced users.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:45 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: Refplaces GURPS Landing Page

Added a brief discussion on GURPS Magic Systems that lists most of the material and gives it a very high level overview.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 04-05-2017, 07:47 PM   #3
Refplace

Put up The Lantern Guild which is the major magical guild for the human portion of my high fantasy world.
The blog post gives an overview of such a guild, it was created many years ago and updated over time, though there may still be some legacy artifacts needing attention.
I have more details for each of the sub guilds but they need a lot of cleanup and editing for view by anyone other than myself.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 04-05-2017, 09:09 PM   #4
Emerald Cat

Refplace, could you please include links to the actual articles in future posts? Bloggers typically include links to their articles when they post here. Your blog is organized so that it is reasonable to find a given article based on the date. But having links in the GURPS forum posts would be nice.
Emerald Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:07 PM   #5
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Cat View Post
Refplace, could you please include links to the actual articles in future posts? Bloggers typically include links to their articles when they post here. Your blog is organized so that it is reasonable to find a given article based on the date. But having links in the GURPS forum posts would be nice.
Good advice, I have a question on that for you.
I am posting some content as its own webpage as well as a blog post.
Would it be better to just post the page and leave the blog entry as just a short note? Or is clicking the extra link something people find annoying enough I should continue to duplicate?
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 04-06-2017, 08:55 AM   #6
Emerald Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Good advice, I have a question on that for you.
I am posting some content as its own webpage as well as a blog post.
Would it be better to just post the page and leave the blog entry as just a short note? Or is clicking the extra link something people find annoying enough I should continue to duplicate?
You're posting content on a separate webpage? I didn't know that. Personally, I would put everything on one webpage to make things easy to find. If you're going to post on separate webpages, you should add links on your blog so that people can find them. Including a link to the homepage for that separate webpage.

One issue is that the link in your sig directs people to your GURPS Landing Place Tab instead of your Home Tab. Your Home Tab shows your latest articles while your Landing Place Tab doesn't. Directing people to your Home Tab would make it easier for people to find recent articles.

You should also include direct links to specific articles on your blog so that people who come across this thread years in the future can easily find them. When you post GURPS content to your other webpage(s), I'd suggest posting a direct link on both your blog and this thread.
Emerald Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blog, blogs