Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #12
DoomedDuck

Default Re: Cleric Resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanley52 View Post
As a newbie I am still uncertain WHEN a Cleric would want to use this ability. Obviously you can only use it after you've been helped in combat. But we play with the discards face down. So the idea is that you should be remembering the cards well enough to want to do this? It seems like a less useful skill (since you must be drawing face-up) then say the discard-using skills of the Thief, Wizard, or Warrior...

Thoughts?
You can also use it when you kick down the door, or any other time that you are instructed to draw a face-up card(s). So, for instance, you're level 9 and the person immediately before you defeats a low level monster. As long as it's still on top of the discards, you can resurrect it in place of kicking down the door and fight it for the win. There's actually a lot of uses for the ability, and if given the choice, Cleric would be my #1 or #2 favorite class (depending on circumstances in the game), wizard being my other favorite.
DoomedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleric, kick, open, resurrection