Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-25-2016, 01:00 AM   #1
Capt Lucky

Default Armor of Electricity/Lightning

Greetings all! I joined up to ask for some help in creating something for a GURPS superhero campaign. The character I'm planning is essentially a lightning elemental. The two characters that are the inspiration for this is a electrical version of Johnny Storm, and (a bit to my shame) the Raikage from Naruto. While the first is essentially an Alternate Form using the Elemental Meta-Trait, the second is more difficult.

The Raikage's shtick is surrounding himself with lightning armor that allows him to move and incredible speeds while giving him a pretty damn good DR.

So what I'm asking help is figuring out how to blend those ideas into an advantage/meta-trait/something for the character.

Thanks for the help, my fellow nerds.
Capt Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:14 AM   #2
Nereidalbel

Default Re: Armor of Electricity/Lightning

Linked DR, Enhanced Move, and anything else you feel the lightning armor should give him, all with Limited Use/Requires Recharge/Costs FP/whatever time limiter you want to put on it. From what I know of Naruto, going with Costs FP (assuming chakra is built as ER) is closest to the show.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:35 AM   #3
Anaraxes

Default Re: Armor of Electricity/Lightning

A Link probably isn't needed in this case. See the uFAQ entry titled "I want an ability that costs FP or HP to use, but the ability consists of several Advantages; how do I allocate the FP/HP cost limitation?" You need Link to simultaneously activate more than one transient ability in one turn. Always-on components of the ability like DR or Enhanced Move just take a -10% Accessibility ("Only while Lightning Armor is up").

"Incredible speed" might be Altered Time Rate. Do you mean attacking twice as fast as a normal person, a la D&D Haste or a comic-book speedster like the Flash? That's ATR. If it's just getting around the battlefield, Enhanced Move will do. You might think high speed also suggests increased defenses (Enhanced Dodge, etc); those are bought separately if desired.

Does the lightning armor damage opponents that hit or touch him? See Aura and Innate Attack.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armor, elemental, lightning, meta-trait