Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 02-16-2020, 03:38 PM   #11
larsdangly

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip: Outdoor Encounter Cards

Yes, I think too late now. You could write on them with dry-erase marker I suppose.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:42 PM   #12
hcobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
Two related tools that are still missing: a way to record your layout of labyrinth hexes; and a way to key your MH tiles to your labyrinth hex layout. I.e., it would be cool if you could easily keep track of which MH tiles you want to go where
Take card 50, page 50 in the Labyrinths' journal.

It shows 1*2 and 2*2 megahex pieces placed next to each other with 2/7ths of a megahex connecting off card.

Add letters to the megahex tiles on this page and the number of the connecting card at the edge.

Then in the notes below on that page indicate what each letter is for.

When you move off this page then flip to the page number you gave on the edge.

Hopefully someone understands this better than I do so I'm not the goat who does the video on using the journal.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:48 AM   #13
philreed
I do stuff and things.

A quick note. It's not for The Fantasy Trip, but I've designed two more decks of Outdoor Encounter Cards and #4 is now on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tabletop-rpgs/

For those unaware of the history of the TFT Outdoor Encounter Cards: I created and published two 36-card decks. Steve saw and enjoyed them and reworked my designs. The TFT version combines Steve's favorite cards from my first two decks, with him rewriting the concepts/changing things to suit his vision for the game.

So, while the two different types of cards are not identical, they share some common ideas. My two newest decks were not referenced for the TFT version of the cards.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote