Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 10-06-2004, 12:24 AM   #21
pheasnt

Default Re: {In Nomine} Favorite Canon Superiors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDG
You're treading on thin ice, pheasnt. Please err on the side of prudence with religious/ideological generalizations like this one.
Appologies. Certainly not intending to offend.

There is a risk inherant to IN that discussions will stray into potentially painful areas. Not a failing - that's why it's interesting. Rather like THS the game is about the clash of ideas and beliefs, and I applaud it.
pheasnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:06 PM   #22
Illumina

Hm. I'm fond of Jean, even though he does seem to have it out for me. Graphically, I can't argue with the portrayal of Lawrence-- yum! I actually kinda like portraying him as a chivalric knight. I also like Eli and Marc as Superiors with Something Happening Behind the Scenes.

As for the Horde? Hm. Probably Baal and Kobal.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:36 PM   #23
Captain Midnight

I do have some particular favorites... on the side of Heaven, I particularly like Laurence and Marc. With Laurence, it's fun for me to be a part of a well-oiled machine that's trying to cope with the randomness of the world (and the other PCs). With Marc, I get a strong feeling of "It's my job to keep the system running", which gives me warm frubblies.

On the Infernal side, I like playing more-nuanced servitors of Lust, and being a Vapulan can be fascinating. For Andrealphus, it's challenging to keep your relationships from getting too close, but keeping things on a low enough simmer to actually get things done. As a Technician, you get all these really neat toys... and if things go wrong, you do what PCs have done since time immemorial -- improvise, adapt, and overcome!
Captain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 08:50 PM   #24
William

In case anybody cares for a look at the horse race so far, as of this post on the angelic side Eli and Gabriel are tied for first, with Yves coming in second (though in a different, more on-a-pedestal fashion), and Jean and Marc tie for "third".

Among the Horde, it's more of a pack. Baal leads by a nose, with Kronos tying in a mode similar to Yves'. Vapula, Malphas, and Nybbas tie for second, though with a mere two votes apiece.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:21 PM   #25
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

I actually counted Jean as in the lead over Eli, since one of the pro-Eli comments was "my own version of him," effectively. O:>

But yes, I am occasionally keeping track, as it happens.

O:}
Old 10-30-2004, 05:24 AM   #26
Lucius Drake

Good, good! We'd all like to see an official Eli written up I'm sure - at least so far as expanded rites/attunements, and history. I think it's for the best that each GM has to decide what he's doing (or not decide, if they don't want to) for themselves. :)

I dunno, I just get the feeling that it would "ruin it" somehow to have some canon handed down saying what he's actually doing right now. Maybe it's just me.

Jean would be fantastic too - ancient attunements, expanded rites/attunements...

Mm...

I've been doing some thinking and writing (loosely, oh so loosely based on In Nomine themed ideas. Just as accurate to say based on the judeo-christian religion, really) and have come to the conclusion that Eli is one of my favorite Superiors.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:14 AM   #27
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Even when Expanded-Eli was but a gleam in my eye, I was planning to stick him in a book with two other major Archangels and a minor, so that I could give him 5-10 extra pages of "So, what is Eli doing? Well, it might be this. Or this. Or this other thing. Or that thing over there. Or maybe several of them, or perhaps..." (I don't know if it would really eat 10 pages. But it might. I figured that hey, Eli. There'd be something I wanted to put in that.)

I know a lot of the fun of Eli is the "What the heck is he up to!?!" factor. While I know what he's up to, that's really the sort of data that should be revealed in a Cycle adventure, where GMs can ignore it, and/or forbid their players read it ahead of time, as they desire. (It's harder to ask for players to not read a Superior writeup; those things are designed at least half for players to get a feel of what it's like to play a Servitor of that Superior.)

Hopefully, the e23 format will permit this to happen someday.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #28
Dark Mistress

Huh really really old topic, but been going thru the forum all the way back to the begining. Perhaps i shouldn't post and pull a obviously dead topic back up but....

Lilith is by far my fav on either side. The reasons are because she is unique, she isn't a angel or a fallen angel(aka demon) she never was and never will be either. She is the second mortal and the first mortal female, this makes her very unique. Also she is the Princess of Freedom which is not a evil word really(while it can be twisted of course), but she doesn't promote just the evil aspects. Which makes her unique amoung the demon princes since she promotes her word fairly evenly regardless of it being good or bad(least thats my take on how she has been written.) I would even go so far as to say she is not really even evil, just really really selfish.(which some might argue is evil, but as see it as worst a evil lite).

She comes across more as having sided with demons out of respect for their cause(fighting for their freedom) and being forced to pick a side(serve in heaven or rule in hell). Then add in the fact she creates Lilim which are really a bunch of minime's of their mom and well...

Anyways just found this to interasting of a topic not to comment on.

Benjamin Franklin
Dark Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:18 AM   #29
RadLilim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mistress
Huh really really old topic, but been going thru the forum all the way back to the begining. Perhaps i shouldn't post and pull a obviously dead topic back up but....
Actually thanks Dark Mistress, I some how totally missed this one first time it went around.

For the Host I love Novalis and Gabbie. Flowers is such a strong Word in my mind, and one has to be very cleaver to play a peacful angel in a world where there is so much fighting between sides (as happens in most RP games eventually). And Gabriel, while crazy, dose give her servitors a very simple command. Stop the bad people. Which includes demons. There are many nuances of course, but many angels of other Words have to guess if they are in the right.

As for Hell, I like Lilith. The Game has grown on me since a PC of mine has been playing one of his, but Lilith (and Lilim) have a freedom (pun intended if you want to take it) that other demons just lack. While playing the dark side can be fun, I often feel that most demons are to limited in what they can get away with.

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #30
tylrlsaa

My choice varies with whether I GM (usually) or play (very rare).

As a player:
Heaven- Eli. You have to love a Superior who so get's into his work AND enjoys having a good time.

Hell- Haagenti. I don't know why. I just really enjoy him.

As a GM:
Heaven- Michael. I play him like your big brother. Yes, he gives you grief, but if anybody ELSE tries to, he rips them a new one. Also tended to give out minor benefits with a "don't let Dad see this" approach.

Hell- Kronus. (Jean Luc Picard + Charles Xavior) x Evil = Fun.
I've used this guy to scare my players a LOT.
tylrlsaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, superiors