Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #31
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
Shenmachel turned towards Mitch, looked at him for a moment and then answered:

"Good afternoon, sir. I was sent here by someone who goes by the name of John Wyatt. A mutual acquaintance, I presume? That is, if you are the "Mitch" he referred to.
He told me that you'd be able to update me to the situation in this city, if I understood him correctly.
Oh, I forgot: I'm called Gerhard Reuter."
Mitch get's a wary look on his face, but nods "I know the man. And I do go by Mitch. Perhaps you can tell me how you know Mr. Wyatt."

OOC: Turning on his resonence
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:07 AM   #32
Methariel

Shenmachel nods, too.

"I don't know him in person, for the moment all I know of him is his voice. We phoned a little while ago.
The day after tomorrow there'll be a National Law Enforcement Conference in this city, lasting for a week. I have been sent here by my bureau to participate. Mr. Wyatt had been arranged to be my contact, because he works for the Federal Air Marshalls and thus is a part of law enforcement, or, better said, crime prevention - amongst other things.
And out of his remarks I conclude that you're a member of a...Choir?"

His words do ring true, although Mitch can feel that there seems to be a little bit more to "Mr. Reuter". After speaking, Shenmachel himself concentrates for a brief moment, getting in tune with the Symphony, and begins resonating Mitch.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:53 AM   #33
Puck

Quote:
Shenmachel nods, too.

"I don't know him in person, for the moment all I know of him is his voice. We phoned a little while ago.
The day after tomorrow there'll be a National Law Enforcement Conference in this city, lasting for a week. I have been sent here by my bureau to participate. Mr. Wyatt had been arranged to be my contact, because he works for the Federal Air Marshalls and thus is a part of law enforcement, or, better said, crime prevention - amongst other things.
And out of his remarks I conclude that you're a member of a...Choir?"

His words do ring true, although Mitch can feel that there seems to be a little bit more to "Mr. Reuter". After speaking, Shenmachel himself concentrates for a brief moment, getting in tune with the Symphony, and begins resonating Mitch.
Mitch nods "Yes, I do know a man by the name of James Wyatt. Welcome to the city. I'm afraid he didn't mention anyone of your name...perhaps you go by another one as I do when I sing with my Choir."
Old 09-06-2007, 02:17 AM   #34
Methariel

"Yes, I do, indeed."

Shenmachel straightens up even more (it didn't seem possible, but he manages to do it anyway). He looks keenly at Mitch and then continues to speak.

"My name translates to 'Shenmachel' in a corporeal tongue, although it's an imperfect reflection of my True name.
Which Choir are you a member of, if I may ask? And whom are you receiving orders from, if I may add this question?"

Still in tune with the Symphony, he continues resonating Mitch's answers for Truth.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #35
Puck

Quote:
"Yes, I do, indeed."

Shenmachel straightens up even more (it didn't seem possible, but he manages to do it anyway). He looks keenly at Mitch and then continues to speak.

"My name translates to 'Shenmachel' in a corporeal tongue, although it's an imperfect reflection of my True name.
Which Choir are you a member of, if I may ask? And whom are you receiving orders from, if I may add this question?"

Still in tune with the Symphony, he continues resonating Mitch's answers for Truth.
Mitch gets a relived look on his face "I am sorry for being so careful, but in a city such as this one where Hell has such a stranglehold one can not be too wary. In Heaven I go by Mitchim, I am, like you if I guess correctly, one of the Seraphim. I have the honor of serving my Lord Marc. And whom do you serve?"

All of his answer read as True.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:14 AM   #36
Methariel

Shenmachel shakes his head a little.

"You don't have to apologize; we're fighting in a war and this is enemy territory - being uncautios means a very quick death.

But you guessed right, I'm a Seraph. And I'm honored by being able to say that I serve the Lord Commander of the Hosts of Heaven, Laurence, the Archangel of the Sword."

He pauses for a moment and then continues.

"I don't know if my Commander had any further plans for me in this city besides taking part in the conference to influence it into the right direction. There also might attend some servants of Judgment - if Soldiers or angels I do not know -, but we'll have to cope with servitors of the Game and perhaps Fate trying to, well, do the wrong things to law enforcement. Perhaps this city was chosen by chance to host the conference, but there could also be diabolical machinations behind it.
But I assume that the presence of an angel of the Sword will make the demons around here nervous? I'm not aware if my arrival in Los Angeles is known to the other side, but if it is, will I have to respond to open hostilities?
Is there at least a Tether to our side or is this place so...worthy of a cleansing? And, besides you and 'Mr. Wyatt', who else here is on our side?

I'm sorry if I pose too many questions, but I'd like to know the territory I'm in. I hope you'll answer them to me.

And, not to forget this: Can I help you or our cause in this city in a specific way?"

Shenmachel speaks nothing but the Truth.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:52 AM   #37
Sylver
MIB

A woman walks into the pawn shop dressed in a classy designer afternoon dress, wearing a necklace of woven flowers and a jasmine in her hair.

She sees the two men talking and approaches

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything. I'm looking for Mitch?"
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:37 AM   #38
Methariel

Shenmachel instantly became silent when the woman approached and now examines the well-dressed, flower-adorned person asking for "Mitch".
He's looking a little bit displeased; this interruption won't let Mitch answer his questions now. Then he takes a step back, still eyeing up(?) the woman.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:14 AM   #39
Sylver
MIB

"I'm sorry! I can come back when you're less busy, but I was really hoping I could talk to you and your friends from <insert period of time of chat events.. I'm not sure when they were in context but my character would know>.. There seems to have been a miscommunication along the line.. You *are* Mitch, Wyatt's friend, right?"
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:17 AM   #40
Methariel

Shenmachel shakes his head.

"I'm not Mitch, madame. The one next to me is referred to as 'Mitch'."

He briefly points towards Mitch and still continues to watch the woman, seemingly becoming more interested.

Tags
in nomine