Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-10-2018, 07:20 AM   #1
Tornado

Default [Supers] Help on creating an character.

I'm creating a 15-year-old character, where his Ofamilia was killed in a gang fight. In an attempt to revive his family, he performed a ritual and by sheer coincidence, he was able to summon the god of death. The God of Death, said he would bring the family back, but that he would have to kill criminals. The power he earns to aid in this mission, and that he would be immortal, and only this. The Master gave 1000 points to set up a character. I would like the help of you, to put together a set of powers, that make the character to be immortal. If this is too much to ask, he may die, but resurrect as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:05 AM   #2
Dustin

Default Re: [Supers] Help on creating an character.

HT 17, Unkillable 3, and the other advantages listed toward the end of the Unkillable entry should get you most of the way to what you want. Add Resistant to Metabolic Hazards (Immunity) [30] and season liberally with levels of Extra Life and HP as desired.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #3
Tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
HT 17, Unkillable 3, and the other advantages listed toward the end of the Unkillable entry should get you most of the way to what you want. Add Resistant to Metabolic Hazards (Immunity) [30] and season liberally with levels of Extra Life and HP as desired.
Yes, im thinking on No need to Sleep, Eat, etc....
Old 04-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #4
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Yes, im thinking on No need to Sleep, Eat, etc....
Unkillable 3 is good, although you might get by with just Unkillable 2. Extra Life won't give you much additional utility if you already have Unkillable, although you might see a need for it as additional insurance, in case someone finds a way to negate your Unk.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #5
zoncxs

Regeneration, regrowth, unkillable, unaging, doesn't eat, doesn't sleep, doesn't breathe, HT 15+, Resistant to Metabolic Hazards (Immunity), and I think that's all you need for an immortal.
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #6
Refplace

Also Injury Tolerance: Damage Reduction if you want to last longer in a fight.
That also effectively multiplies your HP for purposes of Regeneration.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:03 PM   #7
Anaraxes

Also Unaging, for true immortality. You don't want to be Unkillable and wind up being a thousand years old, with centuries of negative aging effects piled up.

(The OP might want to talk to the GM, as that Advantage is widely considered overpriced in most games at 15 points. Unless you're either going to face a lot of aging attacks, a la D&D 1st edition, or the game is really intended to run for generations so the other PCs are going to die of old age rather than adventuring hazards, it's not something that ever really affects the game -- and so, not worth many points.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Extra Life won't give you much additional utility if you already have Unkillable, although you might see a need for it as additional insurance, in case someone finds a way to negate your Unk.
Oh, that would completely happen in a comic-book storyline. Once the character is established as unkillable, then something powerful will come along and kill him, if nothing else for the sake of the attention-grabbing covers and buzz. ("In this issue, Immortalon DIES!")

But that would be a specific story event. I'd allow that comic-book character to use saved XP or go into debt to retroactively buy Extra Life (if desired), rather than demanding that it be purchased up front, just in case. Miraculous and improbable resurrection after a marketing death is also completely in-genre :)
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:03 PM   #8
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Eh, I'll take Kromm's route and blow the points on Signature Gear: Ham.

On a more useful note:
Unkillable 2 I think would fit better than 3. Regeneration with Cosmic so it works "when you're dead" is also a good choice. An extra life wouldn't be unwise.

The other suggestions are also really good. For a character who is supposed to be truly immortal, I don't think the 15 points for Unaging is untoward, but your mileage may vary. I'd recommend a large divisor on Injury Tolerance. Say, /50. With a bit of DR and maybe even some Cosmic on your IT:DR instead so you round down.

Additionally lots of extra will. Being immoral is great and all, wow, that was a great typo. I'm going to leave it and start over.

Being immortal is great and all, but if you are vulnerable to mind control . . ..
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:11 PM   #9
Tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
Eh, I'll take Kromm's route and blow the points on Signature Gear: Ham.

On a more useful note:
Unkillable 2 I think would fit better than 3. Regeneration with Cosmic so it works "when you're dead" is also a good choice. An extra life wouldn't be unwise.

The other suggestions are also really good. For a character who is supposed to be truly immortal, I don't think the 15 points for Unaging is untoward, but your mileage may vary. I'd recommend a large divisor on Injury Tolerance. Say, /50. With a bit of DR and maybe even some Cosmic on your IT:DR instead so you round down.

Additionally lots of extra will. Being immoral is great and all, wow, that was a great typo. I'm going to leave it and start over.

Being immortal is great and all, but if you are vulnerable to mind control . . ..
Yeah i know, mind control and others powers with this variant....lol. I dont think that Unaging will be very important on this session....
Old 04-10-2018, 01:13 PM   #10
Tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Also Unaging, for true immortality. You don't want to be Unkillable and wind up being a thousand years old, with centuries of negative aging effects piled up.

(The OP might want to talk to the GM, as that Advantage is widely considered overpriced in most games at 15 points. Unless you're either going to face a lot of aging attacks, a la D&D 1st edition, or the game is really intended to run for generations so the other PCs are going to die of old age rather than adventuring hazards, it's not something that ever really affects the game -- and so, not worth many points.)

Oh, that would completely happen in a comic-book storyline. Once the character is established as unkillable, then something powerful will come along and kill him, if nothing else for the sake of the attention-grabbing covers and buzz. ("In this issue, Immortalon DIES!")

But that would be a specific story event. I'd allow that comic-book character to use saved XP or go into debt to retroactively buy Extra Life (if desired), rather than demanding that it be purchased up front, just in case. Miraculous and improbable resurrection after a marketing death is also completely in-genre :)
Agree with you bro. Sometime, will appear someone with Galactic power and kill me per se. I ill take one or two extra lifes.