Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-01-2016, 07:17 AM   #1
ereef

Default Elves in Banestorm

I am just getting back into RPG in general and GURPS specifically. I am getting together a fantasy campaign for new players and want to use Banestorm. Where can I find more information about Elf society and/or The Great Forest.

I would like to give my players some background to have a good starting point.
ereef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:46 PM   #2
LoneWolf23k

Default Re: Elves in Banestorm

Well, at first glance they're not much different from your typical D&D style Elves. They're slender, graceful and pretty, live in unison with nature, and have ancient magical knowledge.

The details, however, are were things get a bit different. For one, the Elves don't really have any kingdom of sorts, because at this point they mostly congregate in small tribes of 20 to 100. Mind you, this can be changed in your game if you choose. I definitely plan on doing so if I run a Banestorm game.

The second biggest difference is the Dark Elves. See, in Banestorm, they're not a separate race of dark-skinned, spider-worshipping matriarchical underdweller elves. They're outwardly indistinguishable from regular Elves, but are a completely different faction and culture, who call themselves the Defenders, or the Purifiers. That second name alone should worry you. They have a core philosophy of genocidal xenophobia, first against orcs, and second against anyone that's not an elf. They're the ones responsible for the Banestorm in the first place, although that was an accident.

There's also Sea Elves, who have lived in scattered undersea villages at Tech Level 1, since the Banestorm devestated all their great underwater cities.
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:31 AM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

There are a number of resources on Yrth.

As far as I know very few of them outside of the main books spend much time on them: other parts of Yrth get a lot more attention. Banestorm 4e is going to be your main source for them.

What are you looking for? Advice? List of sources? A TLDR?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 12-02-2016 at 08:06 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:59 AM   #4
johndallman
Night Watchman

There are a few details in Martial Arts: Yrth Fighting Styles.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
banestorm, yrth