Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #11
Refplace

Default Re: Pyramid Dungeon Collection

I'm curious on this, I cant recall what kickstarter I got my hard copy of The Pyramid Collection and cant tell from my kickstarter records. I think I must have gotten it in Backerkit.
Was it part of the Monsters 2 kickstarter? If only the Magic Items 2 I missed that one due to an unexpected bill that came up so missed out on that one.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:15 PM   #12
LokRobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I'm curious on this, I cant recall what kickstarter I got my hard copy of The Pyramid Collection and cant tell from my kickstarter records. I think I must have gotten it in Backerkit.
Was it part of the Monsters 2 kickstarter? If only the Magic Items 2 I missed that one due to an unexpected bill that came up so missed out on that one.
I did this, too.
The physical copy debuted with the monsters 2 book. It seemed odd there was no pdf, but ensured I’d order the print book (in case a pdf didn’t happen, partially).
The PDF was offered with the magic items 2.

So now we True Fans have both :)
Old 10-23-2019, 09:21 PM   #13
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokRobster View Post
So now we True Fans have both :)
So I'm not a True Fan eh?
Thanks for the info,I guess I'll wait till it comes on W23. I need some of these to pop up there so I can clean up the W23 spec thread a bit.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:52 AM   #14
Bruno

I also couldn't pick it up because of financial constraints. Can't wait for it to get onto Warehouse23!
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #15
LokRobster

Hmmm “True Fan with conveniently timed available disposable income” is perhaps a more accurate term.

My guess is that Dungeon Collection PDF will appear on the virtual shelves of Warehouse 23 in the not too distant future.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:56 PM   #16
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Reading through it I came across the Wandering Caravan Table by Matt Riggsby. I rather liked the article, but thought to myself "That's a lot of die rolling. I wonder how hard it would be to automate this?" The answer to that question is my Wandering Caravan Table.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:04 PM   #17
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
I wonder how hard it would be to automate this?" The answer to that question is my Wandering Caravan Table.
Good answer.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:04 PM   #18
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Reading through it I came across the Wandering Caravan Table by Matt Riggsby. I rather liked the article, but thought to myself "That's a lot of die rolling. I wonder how hard it would be to automate this?" The answer to that question is my Wandering Caravan Table.
Nice. Might be worth trying to get this collection just to have them all in one place...

Hang on. [a few minutes of googling] /eyes squint

Right. This is the "Pyramid Dungeon Collection" not the "Pyramid Dungeon Fantasy Collected". I really hate that these two titles were made to be so similar... now I have I to dig and see if that's one the few Pyramids I've got from that era.

/looks over at several years worth of softcover magazines and sighs in Not PDFs...

[EDIT]
Matt Rigsby's Wandering Caravan Table is clearly in series 2, the web Pyramid, and it's not in the free articles. And that's where I've brick walled on this one.
[/EDIT]

Last edited by evileeyore; 10-28-2019 at 10:07 PM.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 06:26 AM   #19
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Matt Rigsby's Wandering Caravan Table is clearly in series 2, the web Pyramid, and it's not in the free articles.
Nearly everything in the Pyramid Dungeon Collection is from web-Pyramid, and absolutely none of it is from PDF-Pyramid (I don't recall, but one article may be from paper-Pyramid). Basically, if you only have Pyramid in PDF form, you don't have any articles in the PDC. The point of the project was to make available stuff which wasn't available in any form, not repackage already-available works as in the previous Pyramid DF-related thing. And at any rate, everything in the collection has been more or less heavily revised, so even if you do have web-Pyramid, you don't quite have the stuff in the PDC.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:31 AM   #20
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
Nearly everything in the Pyramid Dungeon Collection is from web-Pyramid, and absolutely none of it is from PDF-Pyramid (I don't recall, but one article may be from paper-Pyramid).
I have all of Roleplayer, Series one (in paper), and series 3 (in pdf).

I didn't even know series 2 existed until pretty late in it's run... so I have almost none of it. That's the one I keep hoping will eventually see rerelease...
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pyramid