Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 08:05 PM   #31
Refplace

Default Re: The 2019 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post

Another month of editing, layout, and proofing might be enough time for Steampunk 3: Soldiers and Scientists (which is long, recall)

Do we know anything about progress in the playtest queue? It’s been logjammed for a while....
I based my guess on Steampunk3 from here "GURPS Steampunk 3: Soldiers and Scientists, by Phil Masters, remains in editing but stands a good chance of being the year's second GURPS creation." but you may be right.

Yeah, I thought they might start the month after the last one ended, figured half way through Dec it wasnt going to happen till 2019 and been looking for a playtest note in the GURPS forums ever since. 4 items in queue and I figure 2 months at the earliest after a playtest before we see a product. And I think 2 months is optimistic, even for a short project.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-19-2019, 12:30 PM   #32
Proteus

“The year's second GURPS creation” sounds to me like cautious phrasing: it very carefully doesn’t say “the second month’s creation.”

Now, if I were SJG (which I’m decidedly not), I’d launch a GURPS Kickstarter in a February which had no other releases for the line... and Kromm has been writing Bestiary entries quite fiercely. But Kickstarter attention is a valuable commodity, and I have no idea what the other potential projects might be competing for the schedule.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:17 PM   #33
Refplace

No release today :(
However on the news front Douglas Cole had a bunch for TFT and a Dungeon Grappling item (I listed it as one of his prior announced DF items)
I named the Unknown Rumors as Kromms since thats where those were mostly from and created a new one for Gaming Ballistic since they have so much in the pipeline.
Individual items still of course get their own entries this rewards Douglas for being as open as he is with us. His upcoming projects cover GURPS and TFT, I am not including his non SJG projects but obviously people can follow the link :)
My GURPS Wiki entries

Last edited by Refplace; 01-24-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:08 PM   #34
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Corrected the spelling.
I have your two unnamed DF items up there, and despite my joking around in this case I dont think it will make much difference. Since its Third Party we may not see any hints on Kromms blog or you mixing it up much. But it gets hard to track multiple unnamed projects as clues could point to different items, and worse an item might be even be published and we dont know that from the rumor sources.
"Unknown Short Dungeon Fantasy Item" is actually NOT one of the three adventures. It's separate.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:15 AM   #35
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
"Unknown Short Dungeon Fantasy Item" is actually NOT one of the three adventures. It's separate.
Thanks, I should have caught that, but slipped while editing.
I count 3 DF adventures (one of which is named), plus a Dungeon Grappling for your GURPS content announced so far.
Correct?

FYI I assume you have no problem getting your own header?
I thought it well deserved with all the RPG content your putting out.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-25-2019, 03:24 AM   #36
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Thanks, I should have caught that, but slipped while editing.
I count 3 DF adventures (one of which is named), plus a Dungeon Grappling for your GURPS content announced so far.
Correct?

FYI I assume you have no problem getting your own header?
I thought it well deserved with all the RPG content your putting out.
No problem at all. Hopefully they’ll be well received and I can keep them coming
Old 01-25-2019, 01:54 PM   #37
Refplace

New rumor news is up on Kromms blog
https://dr-kromm.livejournal.com/224728.html
• I concluded the lengthy first-draft review I was working on. The authors are now revising their manuscript.

• I finished enough content for a 64-page Dungeon Fantasy Bestiary. This is now being mocked up to see if it looks viable.

• We contracted a freelancer for yet another project. I can't tell you who or what just yet, but I can say it'll turn a "series" into a series by providing a second volume to something that was stuck at "1" for a long time.

Bolded items are my emphasis.

I broke Rogers script so will have to update the spec page after the sun goes away so I can see better. Sorry about that.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-25-2019, 05:56 PM   #38
Rasputin

Quote:
New rumor news is up on Kromms blog
https://dr-kromm.livejournal.com/224728.html
• We contracted a freelancer for yet another project. I can't tell you who or what just yet, but I can say it'll turn a "series" into a series by providing a second volume to something that was stuck at "1" for a long time.
For reference, this can refer to two items:

GURPS Template Toolkit, which has been stuck at number one for almost 5 years.
GURPS Middle Ages, which has been at number one since the Bush administration. Bush Senior administration.

My GURPS blog.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:21 PM   #39
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
For reference, this can refer to two items:

GURPS Template Toolkit, which has been stuck at number one for almost 5 years.
GURPS Middle Ages, which has been at number one since the Bush administration. Bush Senior administration.
Interesting, I didnt think of either of those but between the two I would say Middle Ages since Kromm wrote the Template book.
Lets see what others guess.
Sticking to something in Fourth Edition I see..
Aliens
Crusades
Disasters already has a second item in queu
DF Settings: Caverntown could have another DF setting, same with Fantasy Encounters
Encounters: Harrowed Hearts Club
How to be a GURPS GM had fan talk about a How to be a GURPS Player
Mysteries, I dont see it but a member of one of my gaming groups mentioned it. Same with Supers.
Supporting Cast
Template Toolkit 1: Characters as you suggested, its just would they contract it out rather than have Kromm do it?

Of these I think Aliens or DF Settings seem the most likely to me. Heck Douglas Cole is almost there already.
My GURPS Wiki entries

Last edited by Refplace; 01-25-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:35 AM   #40
Rasputin

Quote:
Interesting, I didnt think of either of those but between the two I would say Middle Ages since Kromm wrote the Template book.
Lets see what others guess.
Sticking to something in Fourth Edition I see..
Aliens
Crusades
Disasters already has a second item in queu
DF Settings: Caverntown could have another DF setting, same with Fantasy Encounters
Encounters: Harrowed Hearts Club
How to be a GURPS GM had fan talk about a How to be a GURPS Player
Mysteries, I dont see it but a member of one of my gaming groups mentioned it. Same with Supers.
Supporting Cast
Template Toolkit 1: Characters as you suggested, its just would they contract it out rather than have Kromm do it?

Of these I think Aliens or DF Settings seem the most likely to me. Heck Douglas Cole is almost there already.
Dungeon Fantasy Settings is no way, since it has been stuck at 1 for a few months. Same with Dungeon Fantasy Encounters. “Long time” can mean many things, but “came out in the last year” doesn’t qualify in this business. These things have to be clear series, which takes out How to Be a GURPS GM, Supers, and Crusades (how does *that* become a series?). The original Supporting Cast has been out of print for about 20 years; I didn’t think it sold well. (I wasn’t impressed at the time, but now I want a copy at the GURPS Classic prices.) Aliens, however, does qualify, as having a book for Sparrials indicates a line, and that came out in 2015.

I had the same thought about Template Toolkit, as you’re stuck with someone with a very high level of system mastery, which is pretty much Kromm, Pulver, and Levine.

So Aliens is the most likely candidate. Template Toolkit can be it if the freelancer is Pulver or PK, Middle Ages if it grabbed a historian.

My GURPS blog.
Closed Thread