Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 12-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
grolllelle

Default Once Only Item On Multiple Monsters?

My fellow player is trying to use the +5 Magic Missile to defeat all three monsters on the table. Magic Missile is a once only item, and I can't believe she can actually knock them all out with the type of item. Who's right?

BTW.. other player is a stubborn... Munchkin. I'm looking for a Word Of God on this.

Last edited by grolllelle; 12-26-2012 at 05:01 PM.
grolllelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
Blazinjsin

Default Re: Once Only Item On Multiple Monsters?

The +5 it provides is per combat, not per monster. It would only give her +5, not +15.
Blazinjsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #3
Clipper

Just in case there is another issue that led to this problem, also note that when fighting multiple monsters, you add up their total combat strength and compare it to the total combat strength of the player and their Helper (if present). You don't compare your strength to each monster individually, nor can you kill one of the monsters and leave the others when you can't defeat them all.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
Rurik

What about if one of the monsters was the floating nose? Could the player(s) pay 200 gold and end the fight, or would the players only be able to cause the floating nose to leave, or would they have to pay 200 gold per monster to make them flee?
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
What about if one of the monsters was the floating nose? Could the player(s) pay 200 gold and end the fight, or would the players only be able to cause the floating nose to leave, or would they have to pay 200 gold per monster to make them flee?
Methods of defeating a monster only work for the monster that has it written on its card. So, you could pay the Floating Nose and only the Floating Nose to leave.

Other abilities that affect the combat do get spread across the entire side of the monsters, though. For example, one monster being immune to fire means you ignore all your fire Items, even if other monsters are present.

Tags
multiple monsters, once only combat