Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-10-2018, 04:37 AM   #1
avt

Default GCA: Party?

Getting back into things. Question about GURPS Character Assistant:

What is a "party"? Is there a way to add a character file to an existing character, and what is the benefit of doing so? Seems like it might be faster to switch from one character to another, but I'm not finding this in documentation. Thanks for any pointers.
avt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:27 AM   #2
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: GCA: Party?

I believe the "party" facilities are about producing a GM summary sheet for the party, based on the individual character files of the party members, but I've never used that side of GCA.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:47 AM   #3
Stormcrow

A party is simply a quick way to open a bunch of characters all at once. Open or create all the characters that belong to a party, then save the party. Now you can open the party and it will open all the characters in the party.
Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:55 AM   #4
Armin
GCA Prime

In simplest terms, with what limited support exists, a party in GCA is all the currently open characters.

In addition to what others have said: if you're the one maintaining a bunch of characters, using the Party Log Entry menu option is a quick way to add a single Log entry to all the currently open characters (for example, "Characters busted up the gang allied with Set's cultists. 4cp.").