Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 01-19-2018, 08:20 PM   #1
b-dog

Default New clerical spell

Radiance of Glory

This spell allows the cleric to generate an aura of golden light that radiates from the caster. But it is not just light that is generated but also the Glory of the Divine that shines outward from the cleric. All beings within range of the Glory will be stupefied in awe unless they make a Will roll at a penalty of the amount the clerical spell was made by. All that is concealed will be revealed so assasins, thieves and the invisible and insubstantial will be seen clearly. Creatures of Infernal nature such as undead and demons will be damaged by the Glory and must also make a Will roll as above or flee in terror.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #2
Þorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

Default Re: New clerical spell

What's the range of the spell?
How much does it cost? Judging from the description I'm guessing the answer there is "A lot".

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Þorkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #3
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

"Stupified in awe" isn't a defined affliction.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:30 AM   #4
Nosforontu

Shouldn't the Will roll to avoid the Awe effect (guessing the game effect would be Mental Stun) be a quick contest between the caster and the victims? Secondly I agree with Porkell this sounds like it is going to a ton.You are probably looking at prices similar to various Death Spells. Offhand I would probably guess between 4 per hex radius +1 per D6 damage.
Nosforontu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:02 PM   #5
b-dog

Evil clerical spell counterpart:

Shroud of Blasphemy

The evil cleric issues a curse and around him grow large tendrils of blackness that envelope the cleric to a distance where the spell range ends. None may see in this utter darkness save those of Infernal bent such as demons, undead, evil clerics, black wizards and those who have sold their souls. Even then only the outlines of the surrounding is illuminated with a sickly violet. All those within the radius of this spell will take damage with those aligned with the Divine taking considerably more damage and in addition they will give up hope unless they make a Will roll. Those who give up hope will retreat and resist fighting until they mentally recover.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:38 PM   #6
Þorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

How much damage does the spell do?

Why do you post these things and completely ignore the feedback you get?
Why don't you post this in the general GURPS forum rather than the one specifically for DFRPG?

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Þorkell is offline   Reply With Quote