Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 04-29-2019, 08:04 AM   #141
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Reprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbm View Post
Do we know which is which? I backed the original DF Kickstarter so have a whole bunch of Pyramid materials.
From Kromm, two pages ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
These are not the same thing at all:
  • This is Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected. It is a collection of Pyramid, Volume 3 articles written for the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy series. The articles are offered "as is." The only available format is PDF, and it's what we offered as a Kickstarter add-on.

• This is all we've ever said about Pyramid Dungeon Collection. It will be a collection of Pyramid, Volume 1 & 2 articles written prior to the existence of the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy series but suitable for use with it. The articles will be significantly updated. The planned format is print, and it hasn't been associated with any Kickstarter that I know about.
I understand the confusion:
Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected
Pyramid Dungeon Collection
We probably could have chosen better titles. But they're not the same beast at all.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:13 AM   #142
JMason

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Reprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
From Kromm, two pages ago:
But there is no "Pyramid Dungeon Collection" on Backerkit. Instead it lists:

Pyramid: The Dungeon Fantasy Collection - $15.00
Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected - $16.00

Hence the confusion.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:38 AM   #143
dbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
It covers none of these issues. Nix. Nihil. Nada. Zip. They’re all Pyramid volume 3 issues. It covers articles written in issues of Pyramid volume 2.
The $16 item definitely covers those things. Turns out I have a copy already from the original KS.

Anyhoo, I think I understand what the items are now. But the Backerkit info would clearly benefit from more description so others can discern more easily.
dbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #144
prospero

I'm sorry to keep beating this drum, but please bear with me: the Backerkit title and description simply don't match what Kromm wrote in his earlier response to this thread.

The Backerkit blurb describes Pyramid: The Dungeon Fantasy Collection ($15, note the exact title given) as "a direct compilation, without updates or changes." Kromm's response describes the Pyramid Dungeon Collection (note exact title) as "significantly updated" articles from Pyramid Vols. 1 and 2, and states that "it hasn't been associated with any Kickstarter" that "[he] knows about."

So I agree that the likeliest explanation is that Backerkit's Pyramid: The Dungeon Fantasy Collection is actually intended to be same as the Pyramid Dungeon Collection. But if these two are indeed the same, why not change the title and blurb listed in Backerkit to match Kromm's description?
prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:26 AM   #145
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

It's my belief they're the same thing, with discount on Kickstarter...
Old 05-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #146
prospero

A couple of days ago, the Backerkit offerings were restructured a bit. A softcover Pyramid Dungeon Collection, described as "a collection of classic fantasy gaming material from the first and second volumes of Pyramid, updated to GURPS Fourth Edition" is now available for $25. A PDF of Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected, comprising material from Pyramid, volume three, is still available for $16.

Last edited by prospero; 05-03-2019 at 04:44 PM.
prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #147
Pseudonym

I might redo my survey to add the dungeon collection book, but I want to double confirm: I prefer soft copy; there is no way this book is ever being released as a pdf?
Old 05-14-2019, 06:52 PM   #148
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
I might redo my survey to add the dungeon collection book, but I want to double confirm: I prefer soft copy; there is no way this book is ever being released as a pdf?
I have not internal knowledge of SJ Games, but let me make this prediction

EVERY SINGLE DFRPG OR DF BOOK WILL SOONER OR LATER BE RELEASED AS A PDF

if anyone tells you otherwise they are wrong.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:56 AM   #149
dbm

DFRPG Monsters 2 in PDF looks to be available to backers now!

I like it, new and interesting monsters that can definitely be used in lots of different contexts. One of the things my group are really enjoying is fighting monsters they have never encountered before (the players, not the characters!). This will definitely extend that experience.
dbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:07 PM   #150
bert

Got the PDF now. It looks AWESOME. Thank you team.
bert is offline   Reply With Quote