Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-28-2019, 09:12 PM   #11
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: Adaptive Ability

It seems like what's going on here is that they have a high level of, for instance, DR, but that doesn't work against attacks the first few times they hit them.

The borg seemed to have something like DR 500 (Ignores first 1d attacks of a certain type). That's a limitation we can put a value on.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 11:29 PM   #12
Coinage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
It seems like what's going on here is that they have a high level of, for instance, DR, but that doesn't work against attacks the first few times they hit them.

The borg seemed to have something like DR 500 (Ignores first 1d attacks of a certain type). That's a limitation we can put a value on.
I was looking for something similar, but not just for DR, but also for Attacks. Basically, the borg can adapt to an enemies defense. I was thinking, maybe, after passing a "Sense" check or "Observe" check*, the Attack can bypass DR or some other form of defence.

*Or something similar. Sorry, I'm tired.
Coinage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:52 AM   #13
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coinage View Post
I was thinking, maybe, after passing a "Sense" check or "Observe" check*, the Attack can bypass DR or some other form of defence.
Hm. I haven't done much with Limited Enhancements (B111), but it would fit the description to have Malediction (to bypass DR, at the cost of adding a resistance roll) that's Limited by Requires Skill/Attribute Roll (Powers 112). (You might also want Sense-Based, if it's not double-dipping on the Per roll. But normally just seeing something doesn't require a roll unless it's unusually obscured for some reason, so Sense-Based doesn't bring a roll to the table on its own.)
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:33 AM   #14
Coinage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Hm. I haven't done much with Limited Enhancements (B111), but it would fit the description to have Malediction (to bypass DR, at the cost of adding a resistance roll) that's Limited by Requires Skill/Attribute Roll (Powers 112). (You might also want Sense-Based, if it's not double-dipping on the Per roll. But normally just seeing something doesn't require a roll unless it's unusually obscured for some reason, so Sense-Based doesn't bring a roll to the table on its own.)
Gotcha. Thx.
Coinage is offline   Reply With Quote