Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 05-27-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
Fufu

Default Warhammer 40,000 Treasures Rule Questions

Warhammer 40,000 Treasures Rule Questions

Items

Quote:
All Items you have in play are considered “carried.” Items that are actually giving you a bonus are “equipped.” You should indicate Items that are not equipped by turning the cards sideways. You may not alter the status of your Items during a combat or while running away. Anyone can carry any Item (except for extra Big items; see below), but you may equip only one Headgear, one suit of Armor, one pair of Footgear, and two “1 Hand” Items (or one “2 Hands” Item) . . . unless you have a card that lets you ignore these limits, such as Cheat!, or one of the cards says otherwise. If you are carrying two Headgear cards, for instance, you can equip only one of them at a time.
Carry, why is the term backpack not used? It is awful to imagine a character carrying all this equipment.

Quote:
You cannot discard Item cards “just because.” You may sell Items for a level, trade Items with other players, or give an Item to another player who wants it (see below).
Give or Gift?

Big Items:

Quote:
If something lets you have more than one Big item and you lose that Item or ability, you must either correct the problem immediately or get rid of all but one Big item.
Something? Like "Cheat!" card?

Vehicles:

Are Ships and Vehicles the same?

Trading:

Quote:
You may not trade any cards from your hand.
Can players gift items from their hand?

Quote:
You may also give Items away without a trade, to bribe other players – “I’ll give you my Lasblaster if you won’t help Bob fight that Horror of Tzeentch!”
Gifting can only occur if a bribe is agreed upon, correct?

Death

Quote:
When the next player begins their turn, your newly revived character appears and can help others in combat with your Level and Army abilities . . . but you have no cards, unless you receive Charity or gifts from other players.
From my understanding, a gift has to have a bribe attached, and nothing can be just given to a player without a bribe, right? Therefore, when a player has died can receive items without the conditions of a bribe?
Fufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:50 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Warhammer 40,000 Treasures Rule Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fufu View Post
Carry, why is the term backpack not used?
It hasn't been used in any Munchkin set to date and there are sets that have actual cards with "Backpack" in the name, so that could lead to confusion.

I recognize that this is a very common fan term, but it's not in the official rules.

Quote:
Give or Gift?
The usual English verb is "give"; a "gift" is the noun resulting from an act of giving. I do understand that some people discuss "gifting," but I mostly hear that term from fundraisers.

That said, "regifting" is a thing. English is inconsistent; you may have noticed.

Quote:
Something? Like "Cheat!" card?
That's the most common example, yes. I can't remember if we put others into the Munchkin Warhammer 40,000 sets.

Quote:
Are Ships and Vehicles the same?
No. Steeds and Vehicles are the same; Ships are distinct from both. This goes back over 10 years to Ships' first appearance in Munchkin Booty.

Quote:
Can players gift items from their hand?
Nope. If you give another player an Item, it must be in play. (Charity is an apparent exception, but then it's not "giving," it's Charity.)

Quote:
Gifting can only occur if a bribe is agreed upon, correct?
You can give another player an Item for any reason at any time, if the other player is willing to accept it. I'm not sure why you would do that for reasons other than bribery, but the option is there.

Quote:
From my understanding, a gift has to have a bribe attached, and nothing can be just given to a player without a bribe, right? Therefore, when a player has died can receive items without the conditions of a bribe?
Looting another player's body has nothing to do with trading or giving Items; it's much closer to theft (but has its own rules, including being able to take a wider variety of cards).

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote