Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 11-16-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
Notdan

Default Who's next?

Apologies if this question has been done to death, but I couldn't find any recent threads on the issues.

Which Superiors are next in the line for a PDF write-up? Which Superiors would people like to see?

I'd be very keen to see expanded write-ups for Novalis and Zadkiel. They're two of my four favourite Archangels (along with Eli and Yves) and neither of them have had any kind of additional material of any kind written for them so far.

It'd also be nice to see some stuff for Raphael, though I understand there's a decent write-up for her on David Edelstein's page.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #2
Moe Lane

Default Re: Who's next?

Zadkiel is in the queue (playtest completed); the status of Marc is... not yet revealed to those such as I. :)

Moe Lane.com
Moe Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #3
Notdan

Yay for Zadkeil!

Marc might be interesting, actually - he's the Archangel I always seem to forget about.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Lane
Zadkiel is in the queue (playtest completed); the status of Marc is... not yet revealed to those such as I. :)
Which leaves Christopher, Janus, Jean, Jordi, Novalis, and Furfur as active Superiors with just "bare-bones" writeups, assuming the writeup for Marc is still in progress. (Baal, Beleth, Belial, Kronos, Malphas, and Saminga got somewhat-expanded writeups in the Revelations Cycle.)

As to who I'd want to see described after Zadkiel and Marc... hmmmmm... Novalis, Christopher, Malphas, Jordi, Janus, Kronos, and "the rest," in that order.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:31 AM   #5
Methariel

Well, if I may add my "wish list" (hey, Christmas is not so far away any more...), it'd contain (in the following order and after Marc (Minor Superiors are still not to my liking)):

- Kronos
- Jean
- Baal
- Janus
- Malphas
- Novalis
- Saminga
- Jordi
- Beleth
- Belial

And after that, any Majors still left unpublished...

Methariel
Old 03-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

One interesting possibility might be to combine Novalis, Jean, Janus and Jordi into one "Superiors" publication, even if it's an online-only release. I'm thinking "Superiors 5: Forces of Nature."

Glad to see that Zadkiel's in the queue. I've always liked guardian angels. (Yes, Cherubim have a special place in my heart)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:30 PM   #7
Yamiblade

Maybe they will unveil the unnamed archangel of Death

(isn't getting his hopes up)

Personally I wouldn't mind Seeing Mike or Bladine getting write ups. Though kobal, yves, belial and Gabriel are high on my list too.
Yamiblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:55 AM   #8
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiblade

(isn't getting his hopes up)

Personally I wouldn't mind Seeing Mike or Bladine getting write ups. Though kobal, yves, belial and Gabriel are high on my list too.
Actually, Michael and Blandine already got writeups, in Superiors 1 and 3 (not to mentin "Night Music" and "The Last Trumpet.") Yves was in Superiors 3 and "Heaven and Hell," Gabriel was in Superiors 3 and "The Marches" while Belial was in "The Marches" (not sure about the Superiors books there for him). And I'm not positive, but I think Kobal's was in "The Last Trumpet."

Of the canonical superiors, there aren't many that haven't been written up. See robkelk's post for details.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:57 AM   #9
Kelly Pedersen

Quote:
That would be awesome, wouldn't it? I'd pay good money for Song, too...

Quote:
Er, aside from Belial, all of those Superiors do have writeups: Michael is in Superiors 1: War and Honor (http://www.sjgames.com/in-nomine/superiors1/), Kobal is in Superiors 2: Pleasures of The Flesh (http://www.sjgames.com/in-nomine/superiors2/), and Blandine, Gabriel, and Yves are all in Superiors 3: Hope and Prophecy (http://www.sjgames.com/in-nomine/superiors3/).
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:09 AM   #10
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man
Of the canonical superiors, there aren't many that haven't been written up. See robkelk's post for details.
To expand on my earlier post, here's a list of where one can find the most detailed information about each canonical Superior. The lists are sorted alphabetically by Archangel, then alphabetically by Demon Prince(ss). As-yet-unnamed Superiors (such as the Archangels of Death and Song) are not listed.

Complete writeups:
Blandine (Dreams): Superiors 3
David (Stone): Superiors 1
Dominic (Judgment): Superiors 1
Eli (Creation): Superiors: Eli
Gabriel (Fire): Superiors 3
Khalid (Faith): Superiors 3
Laurence (The Sword): Superiors 1
Litheroy (Revelation): Superiors: Litheroy
Michael (War): Superiors 1
Yves (Destiny): Superiors 3
Zadkiel (Protection): Superiors: Zadkiel
Alaemon (Secrets): Superiors 4
Andrealphus (Lust): Superiors 2
Asmodeus (The Game): Superiors: Asmodeus
Fleurity (Drugs): Superiors 4
Haagenti (Gluttony): Superiors 2
Kobal (Dark Humor): Superiors 2
Lilith (Freedom): Superiors: Lilith
Mammon (Greed): Superiors 4
Nybbas (The Media): Superiors 2
Valefor (Theft): Superiors 4
Vapula (Technology): Superiors 4

Linked works are e23 products; non-linked works are hardcopy books.

Expanded but not complete writeups:
Baal (The War): The Final Trumpet
Beleth (Nightmares): The Marches
Belial (Fire): The Marches
Kronos (Fate): Heaven and Hell
Malphas (Factions): The Final Trumpet
Saminga (Death): Night Music

These are all hardcopy books. The writeups in these books supplement the writeups in the core rulebook, rather than replacing those writeups.

Bare-bones writeups:
Christopher (Children): Night Music
Janus (The Wind): In Nomine
Jean (Lightning): In Nomine
Jordi (Animals): In Nomine (unofficial expanded but not complete writeup by R. Sean Borgstrom)
Marc (Trade): In Nomine
Novalis (Flowers): In Nomine
Furfur (Hardcore): Night Music
Magog (Cruelty): The Final Trumpet

Incomplete notes - not enough for even a bare-bones writeup:
Uriel (Malakite Archangel of Purity; called to the Higher Heavens): Ethereal Player's Guide, pages 140-141, and Superiors 1, page 73 (unofficial writeup by David Edelstein, unofficial writeup by Rich Gant, and a heretical writeup by Ingeborg S. Nordén)
Makatiel (Habbalite Prince of Disease; executed by Judgment and the Game): Liber Castellorum, pages 125-126

Merely mentioned somewhere:
Oannes (Archangel of the Waters; killed by Belial) (unofficial writeups, as an Ofanite by Dave Taylor, and a heretical writeup as an Elohite by Ingeborg S. Nordén)
Raphael (Elohite Archangel of Knowledge; killed by Legion) (unofficial writeup by David Edelstein and a heretical writeup as a Mercurian by Ingeborg S. Nordén)
Beelzebub (Djinn Prince of Corruption; killed by Uriel) (heretical writeup by Julian Breen)
Gebbeleth (Balseraph Prince of Secrets; destroyed during Feast of Blades) (unofficial writeup by Eric Alfred Burns)
Genubath (Prince of Rapine; presumed killed by Valefor) (unofficial writeup by David Edelstein)
Legion (Shedite Prince of Corruption; killed by Raphael)
Mariel (Princess of Oblivion; eaten by Haagenti) (unofficial writeups, as a Habbalite by Douglas Muir, as a Djinn by Eric Alfred Burns, and another as a Djinn by Dave Taylor)
Meserach (Djinn Prince of Sloth; eaten by Haagenti)
Vephar (Calabite Prince of the Oceans; killed by Oannes) (unofficial writeup by Martin Arnold)

Hope this helps...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.

Last edited by robkelk; 12-18-2010 at 09:25 AM. Reason: added link to PDF version of the EPG
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, superiors