Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #101
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: Destructive abrasion; what damage type? (and Corrosion arguments)

Doesn't part of the cinematic-ness of corrosion depend on never allowing damage to work cumulatively? Such that over time even a one point corrosion attack will eventually burrow through armor that simply poking with a more injurious spear point wouldn't?
Old 09-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #102
Tomsdad

Default Re: Destructive abrasion; what damage type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Barring a further +50% Cosmic to ignore hardened, anything that counts as hardened still offers some protection. Irresistible Attack is basically the 6th level of Armor Divisor, which is why Hardened has 6 levels.
Sorry good point,
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #103
Tomsdad

Default Re: Destructive abrasion; what damage type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Barring a further +50% Cosmic to ignore hardened, anything that counts as hardened still offers some protection. Irresistible Attack is basically the 6th level of Armor Divisor, which is why Hardened has 6 levels.
Hang on is that how it works? I'd have thought the cosmic effect is the full 300% version that trumps everything in it's chosen area of effect (including in this case hardened, unless it was cosmic hardened of course*). I'd have thought you could take the +50% version in order to just ignore hardened.

This isn't really my areas of GURPS though.

I think the problem is 'cosmic' (∞) in the weapon section of UT seems to be used to define different effects. The disintegratior obviously does interact with the DR directly (just erm... quickly), ghost particle beam seems to expressly bypass it all together.

*actually wouldn't you need a cosmic Hardened to even start to mitigate a cosmic (∞) armour divisor at all, and cosmic hardened at level 6 ("ignores armour")to negate it completely for example. Cosmic level one hardened would reduce cosmic (∞) armour divisor to Cosmic (100) armour divisor.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote