Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Pyramid

Old 11-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #21
lachimba

Default Re: Pyramid 3/36: Was "Dungeons" a Fantasy?

I restarted my Pyramid subscription with this issue.

Which was a big decision for me. Given that I try to spend less than $10 a month on GURPS purchases. So this is essentially 70-80%+ of my spend and e23 is releasing some of the best GURPS stuff ever that I will be missing.

I was also a little worried after reading some of the reviews here, but I am pretty happy with what I got.

Only had a goodlook at the two templates. And the worst thing I can say about them is I am torn over which one I would want to play first!

Both are great concepts (I actually have already half written up a version of the musketer for myself based around the old Warhammer outriders with repeating pistols...).

The only real concern I have about them is long term high powered games they might lag behind some of the other templates. A high powered Knight or mage can do insane damage or disables, but because firearms etc have set damage you don't scale quite so well. I imagine this can be solved by introducing some epic level explosives that will be more expensive and rarer, but keep the demolisher blowing up bigger things!
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #22
Steven Marsh

Thank you so much for restarting your subscription, lachimba! I hope we can prove you made a good decision each month. :-)
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:17 PM   #23
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
Thank you so much for restarting your subscription, lachimba! I hope we can prove you made a good decision each month. :-)
Np

If you want a reason why: it is becasue the the list of proposed issues for the next 12 months (bar one: tech and toys) were all topics that I am interested in.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
divine favor, dungeon saints, pyramid 3/36