Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
cornixt
Banned

Default Retrofitted box

I had some black foamcard left over from another project so I used it to retrofit my regular Munchkin box to hold the cards on edge and increase the capacity:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e3...s/IMAG0652.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e3...IMAG0651-1.jpg

I made the interior dividers lower so that the rules can fit on top, a sheet of letter paper fits perfectly if folded in half. The lid still fits snuggly and isn't loose.

Should be enough space now for a couple more fantasy expansions. After that I'll have to get something else!
cornixt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #2
SmokeRulz

Default Re: Retrofitted box

Oh, nice. I kinda want to do that for my Cthulhu and Zombies boxes.
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
emillang1000

Plebeians!

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!

What it holds (currently):
Munchkin Deluxe, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Conan, All English Promos available in color, Warehouse 23 2010 & '11 Packs, Marked For Death, Monster Enhancers, Reloaded, Conan the Barbarian, The Guild, Fairy Dust, Munchkinomicon, Waiting for Santa, Santa's Revenge, Reindeer Games, Kill-O-Meter (2), all 12 normal Jumbo D6s, all 3 Jolly Jumbo D6s, Sparkly Pink Jumbo D6s (replacing Fairy Dust Dice), Glow-In-The-Dark Jumbo D6s, Marvelous Magenta Moat, 2009 Silver Coin, a sliding box to contain the Jumbo D6s & Coin & Moat, all 12 normal-colored Male & Female Pawns, Black Pawn, Glow-In-The-Dark Pawn, fabric bag for the pawns, Game board, and customized rulesheet (containing the most current basic rules plus the rules for Steeds & Hirelings).

AND IT CAN HOLD MORE...

The cards are on a raised platform with slits in the inner panels to easily grab cards; the dividers between the cards are also indented from about 1 1/4 inches in, so the gameboard fits snug when the lid is closed - this also prevents the cards from flying around when the box is turned. Also, it latches shut, so nothing can spill, no matter how you rotate it or jostle it.

Custom built this all from wood when my repurposed Munchkin Deluxe box stopped being able to hold everything. Cost a bit to make, but SO worth it.

Last edited by emillang1000; 07-20-2012 at 06:55 PM.
emillang1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
coalstabmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emillang1000 View Post
Where can we order one?
coalstabmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
cornixt
Banned

I certainly agree that yours is far more awesome than mine.

If anyone is interested, mine appears to hold a maximum of around 850 cards, with about an inch of space remaining on one side for tokens and dice.
cornixt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #6
emillang1000

Ah.

Yeah, a Munchkin Deluxe box with a similarly-designed insert would work well with holding things, too.

Prior to the wood box, I used foam-core dividers in my Deluxe box, but didn't raise the core (rather, I wanted the box to be nice and tight.

However with that setup, it only had enough room for Munchkin 1-5 & 7, could only hold 16 Jumbo D6s (meaning no Jolly Jumbos), all 14 Pawns, the gameboard, a rulesheet, with a slot reserved for variants.

This also created a problem in not being able to easily pick up piles of cards (I had to take out an entire section of the dividers to get to any one pile). This was the reason why, when I designed my box, I put the slots on a raised platform - there are semi-circular cutouts in the platform where the spaces in the divider walls, so that any of the 8 piles of cards is easily retrievable.