Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 04-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #31
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: Gabriels dissonance Condition.

GM's choice, I'd say to be made with considerations such as "was it his knowing choice," "was it one choice or several," and "what do I want to say about the Symphony and the tone of the game here?"
Old 04-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #32
Matthias Wasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
GM's choice, I'd say to be made with considerations such as "was it his knowing choice," "was it one choice or several," and "what do I want to say about the Symphony and the tone of the game here?"
And "what would be more interesting in this particular case?" (Obviously the player's to answer if we're talking about a PC.)
Matthias Wasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #33
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

I actually kinda dislike "in this particular case" situations when it comes to dissonance. I mean, unless the GM wants the idea of dissonance being handed out by a capricious God, but that's heading for IN Backwards territory.

Yes, each case will have nuances that have to be taken into account, but there should be an underlying theme (ha!) to dissonance... Especially Choir dissonance, methinks.

Edit: That said, if the player wants the PC to be cruising for Outcasting or a Fall, sure, give the player what the player wants; the issue then becomes that the PC was doing it for really selfish reasons, and a PC who's essentially "Jumping" should be allowed.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #34
Matthias Wasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
I actually kinda dislike "in this particular case" situations when it comes to dissonance. I mean, unless the GM wants the idea of dissonance being handed out by a capricious God, but that's heading for IN Backwards territory.

Yes, each case will have nuances that have to be taken into account, but there should be an underlying theme (ha!) to dissonance... Especially Choir dissonance, methinks.
Of course, and that's true of anything. Over time I think I've realized my implicit thematic assumptions are just so drastically different from everyone else's here that I'm having a difficult time explicating them, actually. Not that I might at some point - my hard drive is full of notes that I keep meaning to coalesce into a ground-up rewrite; so, like, someday.
Matthias Wasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #35
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Whenever you get the chance! The Multiverse is Vast and can accommodate quite a number of different "takes" on things. O:>

Tags
dissonance, gabriel