Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 05-21-2011, 02:17 AM   #21
Azel

Default Re: Impudite Dissonance: Inaction condition?

Impudites. Impudites, my dear JCD. They've already graduated from imp (or gremlin) status and no longer toil like the legion of unnamed snots of hell.
;)

Yeah, Birthday Boy learned that thumbs and their loss don't necessarily rattle Impudites. Then again, that Samingan attunement "earn no dissonance when killing a human" is pretty stereotype breaking, too. Sorta fun as well, especially when a party figures out the band, but not the Superior. A Soldiers of God or two may have learned this the hard way to their chagrin. Toying with incomplete antagonist information is always good for a laugh in this game.

Don't tease the predators, kids. Sometimes they can surprise you. :D
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:51 AM   #22
JCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azel View Post
That said, the condition is "personally killing -- through action or inaction," which in some ways is more lenient than the Mercurian "violence is dissonant (except demons)... falling under the spell of violent passion." However (barring APG minutae), Mercurians are not necessarily compelled to at least attempt to rescue every person they see that is about to get hit by a bus.
This reminds me of that quote from 'Batman Begins' "I can't kill you but that doesn't mean I have to save you." (Possibly paraphrased)
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #23
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
(Hmm. Impudite disease carriers. An impudite who can give AIDS, and whether or not they get dissonance depends on whether the target can afford all of the medicines to treat AIDS.)
Now that looks like the beginning of a beautiful Attunement for an Impudite of Makatiel, (deceased) Demon Prince of Disease...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dissonance, impudite, impudites, inaction, killing, mercurian, mercurians