Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-09-2019, 03:57 AM   #1
Tywyll

Default In the Labyrinth PDF

So some of my players now want copies of the rules. I was going to point them at Warehouse23 to pick up a pdf, but I don't see it in the warehouse. Can you not buy a copy of the rules in pdf?
Tywyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:45 AM   #2
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: In the Labyrinth PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tywyll View Post
So some of my players now want copies of the rules. I was going to point them at Warehouse23 to pick up a pdf, but I don't see it in the warehouse. Can you not buy a copy of the rules in pdf?
We've not offered the PDF for sale outside of Kickstarter and BackerKit. We will in the future, certainly, but not at this time.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:36 AM   #3
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tywyll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
We've not offered the PDF for sale outside of Kickstarter and BackerKit. We will in the future, certainly, but not at this time.
That being said, when I go to the Pre-order page for Decks of Destiny, the PDF is there as an add-on. So while it's not on sale outside of KS and Backerkit, it is, in fact, on sale right now on Backerkit. Scroll down about halfway.
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #4
kjamma4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
That being said, when I go to the Pre-order page for Decks of Destiny, the PDF is there as an add-on. So while it's not on sale outside of KS and Backerkit, it is, in fact, on sale right now on Backerkit. Scroll down about halfway.
Yep, but see this re: "shipping costs."

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=164418
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:29 PM   #5
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamma4 View Post
Yep, but see this re: "shipping costs."

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=164418
Zero for a PDF?

Ah: http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...92&postcount=9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilReed
There are base shipping costs associated with BackerKit.

BackerKit -- as we use it -- is not designed for sales of solely PDFs. PDFs can be added, sure, but the intent is for the sale of physical games, expansions, and accessories. We offer the PDF in BackerKit for those who wish to receive it along with other items.
This is one of the things that is irksome about Backerkit. It's possible to exempt PDFs from such fees, but it's a VERY time-consuming work-around, with multiple duplicate shipping profiles that are extremely error-prone. I ran into this myself with 'base shipping fees,' and again, I found away around it after several DAYS of detailed work. Even then, I was trusting a few things would average out and come out about right (they did).

Last edited by DouglasCole; 07-09-2019 at 12:32 PM.
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:03 AM   #6
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
I found away around it after several DAYS of detailed work.
Gaming Ballistic now has a new product, the BackerKit Kit. Available now for your fellow Kickstarters to save them having to figure out how to do it themselves.

Can you start a Kickstarter to fix Kickstarter?

(What happens if you tell it to put in a shipping cost of -$8 for a PDF to add to the base $8 shipping cost? Probably too easy; they would have saved you from accidentally putting in negative shipping costs already...)
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:35 AM   #7
Tywyll

Humm...even if I were willing to ask my players to pay an extra $8 for the benefit of buying a pdf, I didn't see an option for just the In The Labyrinth book.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:42 AM   #8
Anaraxes

I imagine the ITL PDF will eventually make its way onto Warehouse 23 as a standalone product. The adventures are already there in digital form, as is the ITL hardcopy. They just need to do whatever backend work is needed to add that book / digital product, as with the first Hexagram issue.

While you can buy all sorts of stuff as addons to Kickstarters, I doubt that's SJG's intended method for continuing sales after a KS closes. It's just a bonus as long as they're rolling out more KS campaigns for additional products.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 05:00 AM   #9
Tywyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
I imagine the ITL PDF will eventually make its way onto Warehouse 23 as a standalone product. The adventures are already there in digital form, as is the ITL hardcopy. They just need to do whatever backend work is needed to add that book / digital product, as with the first Hexagram issue.

While you can buy all sorts of stuff as addons to Kickstarters, I doubt that's SJG's intended method for continuing sales after a KS closes. It's just a bonus as long as they're rolling out more KS campaigns for additional products.
That may be but I think not offering the rulebook separately to players who want just a copy of that is a missed opportunity. Only one person at the table needs the components that come in the Legacy Edition. Everyone doesn't need a copy of Melee, Wizard, Tolenkar's lair, etc to be a player in a TFT campaign. My player's want the rulebook but they use my components to play.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:30 PM   #10
xane

http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...-the-labyrinth
xane is offline   Reply With Quote