Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 12-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
MrMooky

Default Confusion about "Ed the Undead" from Munchkin Zombies.

7. I'm a bit confused on how Ed the Undead Head works. So could you draw the top card in the door discard pile instead of kicking in the door, or would you only be able to do that during Loot the Room? Could you also take the top treasure card in the discard pile instead of drawing a loot card after killing a monster?

Thanks again!

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 12-25-2013 at 12:55 PM.
MrMooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:07 AM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Confusion about "Ed the Undead" from Munchkin Zombies.

The card makes no distinction between drawing cards face-up or face-down, so you can use it in either case. Thus, you would be able to use it when Kicking Open a Door or Looting the Room as you suggest (although not both in the same turn, of course). You would also be able to use it while drawing Treasure rewards, although only for one card of that Treasure draw (and you would need to decide if you are going to do this before you draw any of the Treasures).
Old 12-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
MrMooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
The card makes no distinction between drawing cards face-up or face-down, so you can use it in either case. Thus, you would be able to use it when Kicking Open a Door or Looting the Room as you suggest (although not both in the same turn, of course). You would also be able to use it while drawing Treasure rewards, although only for one card of that Treasure draw (and you would need to decide if you are going to do this before you draw any of the Treasures).
You can do this once per turn. Just on your turn or once per anyone's turn you're able to draw a card on?

Also, if you take the top card of the door pile instead of kicking in the door do you go straight to looting the room/looking for trouble? What is you draw a monster from the discard pile instead of kicking in the door? Would you fight the monster as if you'd drawn in off the top of the deck?
Old 12-30-2013, 03:08 AM   #4
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMooky View Post
You can do this once per turn. Just on your turn or once per anyone's turn you're able to draw a card on?
I'd say it's once per any turn. Note that it is very rare for you to draw cards out of turn, though. Helping in a combat is not such a reason as it's the combat owner that draws all the Treasure, before it is shared with the helper.

Quote:
Also, if you take the top card of the door pile instead of kicking in the door do you go straight to looting the room/looking for trouble? What is you draw a monster from the discard pile instead of kicking in the door? Would you fight the monster as if you'd drawn in off the top of the deck?
Yes, you are drawing the card off the discard pile instead of the Door deck, but you still treat it the same way as if you had drawn it from the deck. So if it is a monster, you would fight it and if it is a Curse, you are hit by it.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
MrMooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
I'd say it's once per any turn. Note that it is very rare for you to draw cards out of turn, though. Helping in a combat is not such a reason as it's the combat owner that draws all the Treasure, before it is shared with the helper.

If you are a Voodoo Zombie and you play a curse, you get to draw a face up treasure card. This would allow you to draw on another players turn.

What I was doing is playing a go up a level card after the opponent that played before me kicked in the door and didn't hit a monster. Then when they looted the room I'd use a curse to draw back my go up a level card. Then at the start of my turn, I'd pick my curse back up. Repeated this quite a few times.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMooky View Post
What I was doing is playing a go up a level card after the opponent that played before me kicked in the door and didn't hit a monster. Then when they looted the room I'd use a curse to draw back my go up a level card. Then at the start of my turn, I'd pick my curse back up. Repeated this quite a few times.
It's a surprise nobody else realised to discard their own Mojo to stop you doing that.