Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2017, 11:22 PM   #1
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Coordinating ranked play.

So I imagine that I am not the only one who is sitting here watching the Searching for a Match timer; this isn't StarCraft II. Maybe we can informally arrange tournament times where the few of us who are playing can all be on the server together?
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #2
GranitePenguin
 
GranitePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Plainfield, IL
Default Re: Coordinating ranked play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
So I imagine that I am not the only one who is sitting here watching the Searching for a Match timer; this isn't StarCraft II. Maybe we can informally arrange tournament times where the few of us who are playing can all be on the server together?
yeah, that's about the best option. I'm personally taking a bit of a breather and waiting for the next code update. I'd like to see some more bugs squashed and the GEV scenarios. Right now, the gameplay is a bit limited with just the Ogre scenarios. We don't even have "GEV Escort" on the list. :-(
__________________
GranitePenguin
MIB #2214
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:55 PM   #3
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Coordinating ranked play.

If there isn't going to be offline invites can there at least be an average wait time or some other indication of exactly how futile it is?
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:33 PM   #4
TokyoDan
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Default Re: Coordinating ranked play.

Why have ranked play when the game is still not finished: it is buggy and full of actions that don't conform to the rules. Doesn't it make sense to wait till the game is at the point that it will not be changed anymore.
TokyoDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:59 AM   #5
Ulzgoroth
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Default Re: Coordinating ranked play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDan View Post
Why have ranked play when the game is still not finished: it is buggy and full of actions that don't conform to the rules. Doesn't it make sense to wait till the game is at the point that it will not be changed anymore.
Not really - release is/was the point where you want to get your multiplayer community fired up, for computer games in general. It's usually when the highest density of players will be available.
__________________
I don't know any 3e, so there is no chance that I am talking about 3e rules by accident.
Ulzgoroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:59 AM   #6
AurochJake
 
AurochJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Bristol, UK
Default Re: Coordinating ranked play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
So I imagine that I am not the only one who is sitting here watching the Searching for a Match timer; this isn't StarCraft II. Maybe we can informally arrange tournament times where the few of us who are playing can all be on the server together?
This was why we set up the Multiplayer Meeting Post in here and on Steam! :)

Rather than sitting on the 'Searching' timer without knowing if anyone is available online, you can suggest a suitable time for both players to launch and play.

Thanks!
AurochJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:20 PM   #7
TokyoDan
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Default Re: Coordinating ranked play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
Not really - release is/was the point where you want to get your multiplayer community fired up, for computer games in general. It's usually when the highest density of players will be available.
I see. Thanks.
TokyoDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:43 AM   #8
J. Durr
 
J. Durr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hex G1-1508
Default Re: Coordinating ranked play.

I don't know much about how Steam works - is there a player group we can all join together? Like a group of Steam friends we can label "Ogre players" and get a live-updated list when we're online?
J. Durr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #9
XeroXeroXero
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Bristol, UK
Default Re: Coordinating ranked play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Durr View Post
I don't know much about how Steam works - is there a player group we can all join together? Like a group of Steam friends we can label "Ogre players" and get a live-updated list when we're online?
You know what? There is a way of doing exactly that, so I've gone and made a Group you can join up to.

You can join right here or by searching for "Auroch Digital Fans" in the "Groups" section of Steam.

Note that this group is for all of our games, not just Ogre, but you'll be able to see who is online and specifically which game they're playing by clicking on the "Members" tab.

From there you'll be able to invite other players into multiplayer games ahead of us setting something up a little more formal.

Last edited by XeroXeroXero; 11-03-2017 at 09:45 AM.
XeroXeroXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:32 AM   #10
J. Durr
 
J. Durr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hex G1-1508
Default Re: Coordinating ranked play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroXeroXero View Post
You know what? There is a way of doing exactly that, so I've gone and made a Group you can join up to.

You can join right here or by searching for "Auroch Digital Fans" in the "Groups" section of Steam.

Note that this group is for all of our games, not just Ogre, but you'll be able to see who is online and specifically which game they're playing by clicking on the "Members" tab.

From there you'll be able to invite other players into multiplayer games ahead of us setting something up a little more formal.
Cool, I've joined that. I also set up a new group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ogreplayersclub

Join that and signal your willingness to be crushed beneath treads.
J. Durr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.