Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 01-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
xenotaff

Default Game editions

Hello,

Just to know, could be any problem playing with munchkin base game (2001) and released on 2010?

Thank you.
xenotaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Game editions

Clarifying here: Are you asking if there's a problem using post-2010 expansions with a pre-2010 printing of the base game?

If that's the case: It's probably not the best idea, since you will end up with some weirdness due to some of the cards that exist in multiples having different text. But, it's not necessarily a total killer.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
xenotaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Clarifying here: Are you asking if there's a problem using post-2010 expansions with a pre-2010 printing of the base game?

If that's the case: It's probably not the best idea, since you will end up with some weirdness due to some of the cards that exist in multiples having different text. But, it's not necessarily a total killer.
Im sorry, but yes, that was actually my question. I bought those products online, and im just waiting for them to arrive but reading now the description i saw that the base game says 2001 and the expansion 2010, but other customers said its on full color... so im not really sure about it yet... I just wanted to be sure if that is the case if there should be a problem.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:04 PM   #4
MunchkinMan

Ah. Well, the original printing of Munchkin was in 2001, so maybe that was just given as the release for the game, and not the actual date of the printing.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
NeosMagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenotaff View Post
Im sorry, but yes, that was actually my question. I bought those products online, and im just waiting for them to arrive but reading now the description i saw that the base game says 2001 and the expansion 2010, but other customers said its on full color... so im not really sure about it yet... I just wanted to be sure if that is the case if there should be a problem.
Maybe ask the seller if they're in colour. If this is Amazon Marketplace, for example, the customer reviews might not be relevant, since Amazon shares the reviews across all variations. For example I see the same reviews regardless if I'm looking at the hardcover or paperback version of a book...
NeosMagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #6
xenotaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeosMagus View Post
Maybe ask the seller if they're in colour. If this is Amazon Marketplace, for example, the customer reviews might not be relevant, since Amazon shares the reviews across all variations. For example I see the same reviews regardless if I'm looking at the hardcover or paperback version of a book...
Yeah, i did verify. Seller explained that his versions are in color so there should not be a problem.