Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
genin

Default [DF] How much should it cost the PCs to build a tavern, tower, castle, etc.?

Hey everyone,

Some delvers have just returned from a very lucrative dungeon crawl (the Willowdeep Caverns from Pyramid 50) and they are hoping to set up a home base of some kind. Perhaps a tavern, manor, tower, or castle.

How much would such structures cost for DF adventurers? Presumably it would be cheaper to purchase an already existing structure, but that would mean that the PCs get less input as to its layout.

Of course, they'll have to pay extra to fill their new home with furniture, luxury items, and servants.

Thanks,
Genin
genin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: [DF] How much should it cost the PCs to build a tavern, tower, castle, etc.?

GURPS Low-Tech Companion 3 contains architecture rules. Basically, you decide how big a structure you want and some details (composition, whether or not it has a lot of rooms, a few other options), and you can figure out how much it costs, HP and DR, and how long it'll take to build. It does not go into the economics of real estate (buying an existing building vs. building a new one, property values in a town vs. outside, etc.).

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
genin

Default Re: [DF] How much should it cost the PCs to build a tavern, tower, castle, etc.?

Sweet, I'll go buy all of the LTC's.

Thanks Matt!

P.S. Please write more DF adventures like Mirror of the Fire Demon!
genin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
thom

Quote:
Originally Posted by genin View Post
P.S. Please write more DF adventures like Mirror of the Fire Demon!
I second the motion! All in favor?
thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
I second the motion! All in favor?
..........Aye!
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote