Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Card Games

Old 08-31-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
Buzzardo

Default INWO: Cards for the current administration

In this thread, folks came up with a workable (IMO) card for our current President.

What other cards would we need to either create or revise in order to model the current political situation?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Cards for the current administration

Well, on an older thread, I also pitched this one for the VP:

Joe Biden
Power 2
Resistance 2
Alignment: Straight, Liberal
(Personality)

"Undisclosed location? What, you mean this basement here?"

Media groups get +2 on any attempt to control or destroy Joe Biden. By spending his action, he may remove a group's "Secret" attribute for one turn, exposing it to everybody ...

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
Rocket Man

Some other possibilities:

Sarah Palin
Power 2
Resistance 3
Alignment: Straight, Conservative
Personality
"What's the difference between a pitbull and a hockey mom? Lipstick." -- Sarah Palin

Sarah gets +6 on an attack to control Alaska. The Late-Night Comics get +2 on attacks to destroy her!

Once per turn, Sarah Palin may change her mind and pull her action out of an attack without penalty.
+++

Late-Night Comics (A card I made on an older thread)
Power -- 3/1
Resistance -- 3
Alignment: Corporate
Media

"If you watch the news and don't like it, then this is your counter program to the news." -- Jon Stewart

Sooner or later, everyone gets skewered by the Comics. Any time they're involved in an attack, on other side, roll a die: on a 1-3, they're Liberal for the rest of the turn, on a 4-5, they're Conservative, and on a 6, they're simply Weird. The Comics may also spend their action to keep one Media group from taking part in an attack.

Alaska
Power: 4/2
Resistance: 5
Alignment: Government (I could see an argument for Conservative or Violent, too, based on the classic stereotypes)
Huge, Coastal, Place
"Ladies, in Alaska your odds are good, but the goods are odd."

Adds +5 to any attack to control the Multinational Oil Companies. The companies get an identical bonus on attacks to control Alaska!

Strange things crop up in Alaska sooner or later. By spending its action, the player controlling Alaska may go through the discard pile and claim one Weird or Fanatic group for their hand. The card must still be brought into play normally. If no such group can be found, the action is lost for that turn.

Last edited by Rocket Man; 08-31-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:32 AM   #4
Rocket Man

Not really a political card, but seems to fit the pop culture situation:

It's All About the Benjamins: By spending two Media actions, a conspiracy can permanently raise the power of one Violent group by 2 and give it a level of global power .... but the Violent alignment is lost and replaced with Corporate.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #5
Rocket Man

A "fond" memory from the last election:

Plot Card: Joe the Plumber

Boosts the power of a Conservative group by +5 for one turn. Spending a Media action can increase this bonus to +10 ... or in the hands of a hostile player, neutralize the bonus entirely. If both friends and foes of Joe are spending actions, whoever spends the most determines the "spin"; ties leave the original bonus in place.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:38 AM   #6
dave-o

Inspired by the movie Nothing But the Truth.

So... SPOILER ALERT!

Highlight it to read it more easily.

Plot Card:
...Said the Darnedest Thing
"Seen and not heard? Turns out the kids can't keep their damned yappers shut..."

Negates the effect of any card played as an agents card; or, increase resistance of defending target by +10 against any attempt to control or destroy.
dave-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:32 AM   #7
Rocket Man

Plot Card: Town Hall Meetings
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." -- Oscar Wilde

This card makes a Straight group Violent for one turn. Moreover, publicity only encourages them ... if you have more Media cards in play than your opponents, add 3 to the group's Power and Resistance while the card lasts!

Old 10-02-2009, 08:38 AM   #8
Rocket Man

Plot Card: Bridge to Nowhere

Good for a temporary reputation boost, this card lets you take an action from an opposing Government Group and give it to one of your own Personalities. This cannot be used on a Group that is a direct puppet of an Illuminati -- the Secret Masters keep a close eye on their own books.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #9
Holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Plot Card: Bridge to Nowhere

Good for a temporary reputation boost, this card lets you take an action from an opposing Government Group and give it to one of your own Personalities. This cannot be used on a Group that is a direct puppet of an Illuminati -- the Secret Masters keep a close eye on their own books.
I like the card, but am not sure how it has to do with the Bridge to no where.... could you explain your reasoning?

Also, here is one I came up with, let me know if you think it's fine hwo it is or if it needs tweeking before I make a card:

----------
Hopenosis (plot)
-------------
Play to give a personality +10 power and +2 Global power do to the hope their speeches now inspire all across the world! this is a free action and the bonus is permanent, but if the group ever takes part in an action that fails the masses lose faith in the speakers message of hope and the affects of this card end.

I was also thinking all the accused fake-grassroots efforts going on during this health care debate needed a card, my initial idea was a NWO:

----------------
Astroturf (blue NWO)
-------------------
Corporate groups may now choose to count as green and green groups may now choose to count as corporate, of course only if it benifits them.

((I think this would be a blue, it seemed to fit there the most))

-----------------
Hitlerize (plot)
----------------
A target personalities opponeants have found a way to compare them to Hitler, easily demonizing and marganalizing them. For the rest of the turn no groups will come to the aid of the Hitlerized personality.

I also think MSNBC needs a card! I was thinking Power 1, Resistance 3 or 4. Make it Liberal, Corporate, and MEdia. But I'm not sure what to put for it's powers.... what ever it is I want it to be WAY lamer than what ever the FOX NEWS card I make ends up. Cause, well... their ratings still suck in comparison (no matter how much I think Rachel Maddow rocks!!!!)

Last edited by Holden; 10-02-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:55 AM   #10
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden View Post
I like the card, but am not sure how it has to do with the Bridge to no where.... could you explain your reasoning?
As I understood it, the Bridge to Nowhere was a project that Sarah Palin lobbied to get federal funding for, and then put her name on the map by publicly spurning it at an opportune moment. So, in this case, a Personality takes "resources" from a Government group which it can then use for its own purposes ... including attacking the Government group or those associated with it.

And maybe a counter to the Hitlerize card:

Plot Card: Godwin's Law Play with an Illuminati action two Media actions to cancel one attempt to Hitlerize! The attempted slur appears ridiculous and over-the-top due to fast action; both Plot cards are discarded immediately.

Last edited by Rocket Man; 10-02-2009 at 10:00 AM.