Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 10-14-2005, 07:45 PM   #21
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Updated / New Character Sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange
Basically, you run into the problem of maintaining a list of specific exceptions to the rule, which almost never stays in sync with the source data.
I can't disagree with you about having to keep a list of specific exceptions, but I can't think of a reason why the Language Talent Bonus/exception would ever change at this point. In other words, if you can find a way to omit the Language Talent bonus without messing up other Language bonuses I'd like to see it (no big deal, but it would be nice to see happen).
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 10-14-2005 at 07:59 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 07:10 PM   #22
Melange

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith
In other words, if you can find a way to omit the Language Talent bonus without messing up other Language bonuses I'd like to see it (no big deal, but it would be nice to see happen).
It can certainly be done, and I don't think it would be very difficult. That being said, I just created a test character with Language Talent and a few languages. It seems that FlexSheet doesn't list bonuses in the language section at all. (It's pretty sad that I had to test this because I couldn't remember!!!) So, it seems this entire discussion should be brought to Armin's attention....
Melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 08:51 PM   #23
Armin
GCA Prime

I'll see what I can do.

Armin
Armin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:52 AM   #24
Melange

Actually, Language Talent is the only thing I can think of at the moment that modifies languages. If there are any others, they must not be too common. Would it be practical to simply turn off bonuses to languages and be done with it?
Melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:07 AM   #25
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange
Actually, Language Talent is the only thing I can think of at the moment that modifies languages. If there are any others, they must not be too common. Would it be practical to simply turn off bonuses to languages and be done with it?
At the moment, the only real way of handling Language Defaults within GCA is to have one language give a bonus to another (which isn't a perfect solution either). Other than that I can't think of anything that would give a bonus to a Language outside of Language Talent.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 10-17-2005 at 12:07 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 07:26 PM   #26
Armin
GCA Prime

Because I'll be out of town for the next week, I decided to put up a work-in-progress version of CharacterSheet.GCS. You can get it on my Sheets site at http://www.misersoft.com/gca4/. This update includes partial support for printing parent/child relationships, turning off printing of Spells in the Skills section, and turning off printing of Language bonuses. Details on the page.

Armin
Old 11-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #27
Armin
GCA Prime

I have posted new versions of a couple sheets on my site at http://www.misersoft.com/gca4/:

CharacterSheet.GCS - updated to include support for parent/child items in the overflow sections.

Text Layout.GCS/.GCE - updated to better support exporting to the various formats.

Armin
Old 12-10-2005, 03:50 PM   #28
Armin
GCA Prime

I have posted a new sheet on my sheets site at http://www.misersoft.com/gca4/. This is Armin's Color Flow Sheet, which is a colorful, multi-column sheet that will gracefully adjust to use nearly any paper size, and prints different types of traits inside different color boxes. More info on the page.

I have also posted an update to the "official" sheet, charactersheet.gcs, which will print a portrait on the Notes page, and allows the user to specify the smallest font size to shrink trait text down to, when trying to squish them into the space available.

Armin
Old 12-10-2005, 05:48 PM   #29
Armin
GCA Prime

In addition to things mentioned in the post above, I have just put up an updated version of the export filter.gce sheet, which breaks languages and cultural familiarities out of the advantages listing.

Armin
Old 01-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #30
rozumcrans

I have what I feel to be a rather annoying problem. The PC I'm making has combat reflexes, Axe/mace of 13 and Broadsword of 16, yet the darn thing keeps defaulting the parry skill to axe (Parry 10), not broadsword (Parry 12)!! Any way I can fix this? You would think a little spinner or button asking me which weapon skill I want to program to default to would be available.

I also wish to Hand Weapons table was larger to accomodate weapons with multiple uses. The character has a knife, throwing axe and sword, yet thw sword has to appear on page three while the medium shield of all things appears in the top.
rozumcrans is offline   Reply With Quote