Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 05-13-2019, 04:35 PM   #401
ckosacranoid

Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

How about a bit of something different for a car or truck build challange to you all.
nothing bigger then a 10 wheeler and it has to mount a 75mm tank gun and spinal mount rules will be needed i think if you want it in a lux.

or a spinal mount compact with miltray grade flamthrower.....

i do have a car with a big gun, have to dig it out later to post.
ckosacranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:02 AM   #402
swordtart

Tank by Swordtart:
Sedan; CA Frame; Standard chassis; Light suspension;
100 cid Engine w/BP, VP Turbo, Overdrive;
4 gal. Hvy-Duty tank;
4 PR Radial tires ; HD Shocks; 2x1 pt. Plastic Hubs F; 2x1 pt. Plastic Guards B.
Driver.
Tank Gun 75mm, Spinal Mounted w/10xAPFSDS.
20 pts. Metal and 124 pts. Plastic (F: 10/40 R: 5/22 L: 5/22 B: 0/20 T: 0/10 U: 0/10);
Cost: $30,227, Wgt: 5,089
HC: 2, Top Speed: 60 (80), Accel: 10 (5).

Sometimes when you are late for an appointment you want the fight over quickly. Either a one punch kill or an unequivocal back down by your opponent. The Tank delivers just that. The smallest chassis that can mount the legendary tank gun and armour to keep you in the fight.

I think this is legal (I don't have the spinal mount rules to hand), I don't think there was any restriction other than space.

You will probably have to get pretty close to hit, but if you do hit, 8d+16 would put even a rig on notice and will on average breach the majority of road vehicles in VG1 with a single shot.

As long as you keep they to your front, you are pretty impervious to return fire as well.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:22 AM   #403
SydneyFreedberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
Cheers SF:
Nice to see a themed post.

Does this have a towing hitch? I can't see it in the description, it wouldn't necessarily need it if it were towing salvaged cars and used a tow bar (but I'd probably include that in the description if that is the case).
Thanks, good catch! I went back and added a tow hitch to the Vulture wagon so it can haul trailers and a tow bar for hauling captured, I mean confiscated, vehicles. A small price to pay for the versatility. And it still can carry a bunch of VMG ammo in the back if you want....
SydneyFreedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:54 AM   #404
juris

Yeah, fun builds. Wish we could add vehicles to AM's stock vehicle list again... sigh

Apparently this design is 'illegal', inspired by 'And of Course, it was Black'. The HD shocks are the manufacturer's effort to make this design 'safe'. No warranty.

I suppose you could legalize it by converting the RFTG to a spinal mount, but I don't have those rules either. Can you aim spinal mounted weapons or must they be fired on automatic?

Privateer -- Luxury, Extra-Heavy chassis, Heavy suspension, Large power plant w/PC, 10-pt CA (Power Plant), Fire Extinguisher, 4 Solid tires, Driver w/SWC and BA and 10-pt CA, Rapid Fire Tank Gun Front w/10 shots APFSDS, Flaming Oil Jet Back w/10-pt CA, Heavy-Duty Shocks, Plastic Armor: F40, L30, R30, B30, T8, U10, 2 10-pt Wheelguards Back, 2 10-pt Wheelhubs Front, Gear Allocation: [10 lbs.], Acceleration 5, Top Speed 90, HC 3, 6290 lbs., $24885

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyFreedberg View Post
Thanks, good catch! I went back and added a tow hitch to the Vulture wagon so it can haul trailers and a tow bar for hauling captured, I mean confiscated, vehicles. A small price to pay for the versatility. And it still can carry a bunch of VMG ammo in the back if you want....
juris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:04 AM   #405
swordtart

Spinal weapons fire straight out like automatic weapons.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:06 AM   #406
Racer

Because of the different terms used outside North America , I take it that a Tow Bar is what a Draw Bar is called elsewhere ? I've an extremely bad data signal at moment & can only get text up as photos are so slow ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawbar_(haulage)

I'll have a look at illustrations/photos later when I can get somewhere with Wi-Fi connection ...
Old 05-14-2019, 11:10 AM   #407
swordtart

Zoom Tank by Swordtart:
Sedan; CA Frame; Heavy chassis; Heavy suspension;
200 cid Engine w/Tubes, BP, VP Turbo, Supercharger, Overdrive; 6 gal. Hvy-Duty tank;
4 PR Radial tires; HD Shocks; HD Brakes; 2x1 pt. Plastic Hubs F; 2x1 pt. Plastic Guards B.
Driver; Gunner.
2 x linked Anti-Tank Gun each with 10 x APFSDS (F); Blow Through Concealment;
Hi-Res Single Weapon Computer;
Armour: 20 pts. Metal and 124 pts. Plastic (F: 10/40 R: 5/22 L: 5/22 B: 0/20 T: 0/10 U: 0/10);
Cost: $40,867, Wgt: 5,576 (34lb for personal equipment)
HC: 4, Top Speed: 105 (125), Accel: 20 (15).

A true muscle car with a helluva bite, the Zoom Tank does exactly what it says on the tin. Chase them down and rip them apart. Kinda satisfying, yeah!

Faster than the tank, with a dedicated gunner for higher accuracy targeting (and the ability to target off the centre line). 6D6 +12 isn't as good as 8d6+16, but it will still shake your world.

EDIT: Blast! This breaks the 1/3 spaces rule ;( I'll have to bin it and try again.

Last edited by swordtart; 05-14-2019 at 12:48 PM. Reason: I am an idiot
Old 05-14-2019, 03:55 PM   #408
Parody

Quote:
Originally Posted by juris View Post
I suppose you could legalize it by converting the RFTG to a spinal mount, but I don't have those rules either. Can you aim spinal mounted weapons or must they be fired on automatic?
For the couple of folks who said they don't have the rules:

Spinal Mounting is in ADQ 10/4.

Front-aimed Spinal Mounted weapons always fire in Lockdown mode, which is also in ADQ 10/4 and is not the same as firing on Automatic.

Only certain weapons can be Spinal Mounted. Build legality is based on spaces and weapon type; some weapons have a minimum size of vehicle in which they can be Spinal Mounted. Spinal Mounting is AADA legal if the weapon is otherwise AADA legal.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:02 PM   #409
Parody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Because of the different terms used outside North America , I take it that a Tow Bar is what a Draw Bar is called elsewhere ?
CWC 2.5 p. 116 or UACFH, p. 89; it hooks underneath a vehicle with its wheels intact, letting you tow it. You'd typically use it to tow a car that isn't equipped for being towed.

Last edited by Parody; 05-14-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Parody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:43 PM   #410
43Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
CWC 2.5 p. 116 or UACFH, p. 89; it hooks underneath a vehicle with its wheels intact, letting you tow it. You'd typically use it to tow a car that isn't equipped for being towed.
Which asks the question: How does one put a _CW_ car in "neutral" for flat-towing, when the cars *don't have transmissions*? :)

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote