Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-31-2015, 04:41 PM   #1
Dentarthurdent

Default Senseless Act of Kindness

I have two questions on this card. Here's the first:

The card is played on another player, forcing him to give up an item. The item obviously comes from those the player has in play. Are only those items currently equipped eligible to be the lost item, or are all items in play at risk? Example: I have two items, a +2 weapon I have equipped and a +5 weapon I am carrying/turned sideways because I cannot currently use it due to class/race restrictions. Which one do I lose? The +5 item gives a better bonus, but not to me at this moment, which is one possible interpretation of the text on the card (which I'm not supposed to quote).
Dentarthurdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Random Act of Kindness

Senseless Act Of Kindness says that it has to be the Item that gives the player the biggest bonus, so it would have to be an equipped Item.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:33 PM   #3
Dentarthurdent

Default Re: Senseless Act of Kindness

A) Oops! That's what happens when I type from memory! Any way to change the thread name for future searches? And,

B) The second question. I suspect the reasoning you gave for the first question will apply, but I promised my daughter I would ask, so here goes...btw, this is not a hypothetical. It happened this past weekend.

My son (who is male and was at the time the card was played) played SAoK on my daughter (who is female and was at the time the card was played). She had only two items in play and equipped: Cute Shoulder Dragon, which is +4 for females but +2 for males, and its' mirror Spiked Codpiece (+4 for males, +2 for females). She considered these two items to be of equal value, and according to a much earlier thread she would get her choice of which card to give up, which would be the Codpiece. Others argued it had to be the Dragon, because that gave her the most bonus at that moment.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:35 PM   #4
Dentarthurdent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentarthurdent View Post
My son (who is male and was at the time the card was played) played SAoK on my daughter (who is female and was at the time the card was played).
Seriously, where else but in a Munchkin forum would you find a father saying such things about his own kids?
Old 04-01-2015, 07:14 AM   #5
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Random Act of Kindness

I thought I changed the name of the thread, but the change didn't stick. The bigger issue: There is a card, Random Axe Of Kindness that really made hunting for the right card complicated. I'll try again after this post.

Sadly, for both your kids, the Cute Shoulder Dragon was giving your daughter the best bonus, so that is what she would have had to give away.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:22 AM   #6
Dentarthurdent

Thank you for your efforts. Sorry again for the confusion. The card in question is indeed Senseless Act of Kindness...I have not yet seen Random Axe of Kindness, but now I'm looking forward to it.