Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 01-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #21
Charles G.

Default Re: Orcslayer

I'd be curious as to whether or not Orcslayer was originally a TFT adventure. Steve Jackson is listed as a co-author, and I believe in the TFT Errata article in Space Gamer 28 (?) SJ mentioned that he had a bunch of TFT ideas that were never published. This might have been one of them. Indeed, I suspect that at least some of Caithness and materials originally published in GURPS:Fantasy might well have been intended for TFT.

Steve? Can you comment on this? Years ago I meant to track you down and ask about this - this thread reminded me of this old wild goose chase of mine.
Charles G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:17 PM   #22
JLV

All snark and whatnot aside, I would LOVE to see Orcslayer converted to TFT. I think it's a perfect example of how to do this kind of scenario and would add some needed info on cross-country travel (plus those castle maps were too cool to miss).

Of note, Steve mentioned in a Daily Illuminator update (I think) on TFT that he either has or is very close to finishing a conversion of another GURPS scenario over to TFT, so I don't REALLY think he would have a problem with converting some of the older, less complex, scenarios (where the scenario doesn't turn on some quirk of the GURPS rules) into TFT scenarios.

I also think it would be relatively easy to ignore the "Caithness" stuff, if he leaves it in, just as I routinely ignore other backgrounds if the adventure is worth running in TFT. Plus, you could always argue that Caithness IS on Cidri -- just somewhere far, far away.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:37 AM   #23
philreed
Chief Executive Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Of note, Steve mentioned in a Daily Illuminator update (I think) on TFT that he either has or is very close to finishing a conversion of another GURPS scenario over to TFT, so I don't REALLY think he would have a problem with converting some of the older, less complex, scenarios (where the scenario doesn't turn on some quirk of the GURPS rules) into TFT scenarios.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2385192

"I have mostly finished translating the GURPS introductory solo, All In A Night’s Work, to TFT. But I am not certain what we might do with it."

This was part of a discussion yesterday. We're zeroing in on an idea for _how_ we may use this adventure.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:05 AM   #24
hcobb

I'd like to see an introductory adventure that's online and walks the player through a sample combat and the other general concepts of the game.

Say a thief who needs to make some choices in sneaking around and has to deal with locks, traps, a snake, perhaps even a guard. With the game showing the results of all the rolls, perhaps because it is the thief herself who knows the illusion spell so that hostile attempts to disbelieve can be rolled "out in the open" for the player.

At the finish page it would have links to go buy the PDFs, etc.

As this would be crossing the line from scenario generator to actually playing the game online it requires an additional level of permission I don't have.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:38 PM   #25
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2385192

"I have mostly finished translating the GURPS introductory solo, All In A Night’s Work, to TFT. But I am not certain what we might do with it."

This was part of a discussion yesterday. We're zeroing in on an idea for _how_ we may use this adventure.
That is just great! I can hardly wait!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote