Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2018, 12:15 PM   #1
FeiLin

Default Villain design material?

GURPS seems to have much information about creating PCs, such as templates, spell lists, and such, but is there similar information available on designing awesome/awful villains?

Like, take the mage template from the basic set. That's a great template - for creating a fresh magician, but how do I scale that idea up to fit the role of evil mage in a castle who is capable of summoning hordes of demons and throws meteor-sized fire-balls from his tallest tower? The way I would tackle it right now is just arbitrarily decide the fireballs deal Xd damage and he simply has all these demons ready, but that feels a bit inadequate, given the scope of GURPS.

Foot note: I'm primarily interested in low to medium fantasy, with splashes of high fantasy in sprawling cities and maybe some horror in parts of the story, but a good concept's a good concept, if inspiration could be found elsewhere (and fairly easily converted from say cybernetic hive-mind to demon overlord, or whatever the concepts are and what the fantasy equivalents would be)
FeiLin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, fantasy villain, villain, villain design