Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Transhuman Space

Old 02-05-2019, 02:41 PM   #31
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: If [b]You[/b] got an upgrade.

If they're causing a problem, then basic future medicine should be able to fix it.
(I've never had any pain from my flat feet, but they were never not flat.)

If you're asking what generic foot upgrades one could imagine, then we're rather limited if we want to keep the human form.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #32
tshiggins

Two eyes that work well (cybernetic eyes would be fine, but organic replacements would be better).

Refurbished knees, ankles and feet.

Reset my biological age to 25. Except for the eyes, weak ankles and fallen arches, I was really healthy, then. My metabolism was fast enough that I lost weight pretty quickly if I bothered to exercise, at all.

The ability to selectively record memories would be a nice extra, but something I'd willingly live without. That's easy in THS, though.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:32 PM   #33
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshiggins View Post
Two eyes that work well (cybernetic eyes would be fine, but organic replacements would be better).
As a guy with 20/400 vision, seconded!

Quote:
Refurbished knees, ankles and feet.
Seconded! My pains and sorrows would be far less.

Quote:
Reset my biological age to 25. Except for the eyes, weak ankles and fallen arches, I was really healthy, then. My metabolism was fast enough that I lost weight pretty quickly if I bothered to exercise, at all.
I'd rather be a handsome forty year old with a metabolism that let me lose weight and build muscle easily. Of course, my dyspraxia would need to be cured so that I could exercise efficiently and without hurting myself every little whipstitch.

Quote:
The ability to selectively record memories would be a nice extra, but something I'd willingly live without. That's easy in THS, though.
I like the memory I've got except for the inability to link names and faces.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:43 AM   #34
Flyndaran
Untagged

I wonder if my personal preferences are the norm in this regard. Of all my body parts that are hypothetically improvable, I'm only really fine with replacing the faulty ones.
My eyes have long since "betrayed" me, so I don't feel as "attached" to them as I do my trusty though clumsy dominant left hand regardless of how amazing a cyber one could be.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:04 PM   #35
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
I wonder if my personal preferences are the norm in this regard. Of all my body parts that are hypothetically improvable, I'm only really fine with replacing the faulty ones.
My eyes have long since "betrayed" me, so I don't feel as "attached" to them as I do my trusty though clumsy dominant left hand regardless of how amazing a cyber one could be.
I think it's healthy to prefer your own body except in extreme circumstances. I'd like to alter my metabolism and become trim, I'd like to be healed of my Dyspraxia and achieve physical grace. It might be simpler to download me into a new body, but I'd far prefer to simply repair the old one.

Ancora Imparo
Old 03-17-2019, 05:19 PM   #36
Astromancer

Once again inflammation is causing me pointless pain.

I assume there once was an evolutionary benefit from inflammation. Still, I think we might do with less in the modern world.

Ancora Imparo
Old 03-17-2019, 09:11 PM   #37
Flyndaran
Untagged

Some inflammation is important for healing and immune function. But of course like anything, it can go overboard.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:32 AM   #38
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Some inflammation is important for healing and immune function. But of course, like anything, it can go overboard.
Because autoimmune diseases often involve inflammation, I should have known that. Thanks for the info.

Ancora Imparo