Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2022, 06:07 PM   #13
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Ideas Are Easy

The Phase War

Someone has discovered a technology that lets them shift matter out of phase with the universe, into a realm very nearly adjacent to it, where they can float and maneuver without obstacle, before re-entering at whatever location they find convenient. And they've found a lot of very convenient locations! Able to penetrate the most secure industrial, military, and political facilities, they have spun a web of threats and blackmail they believe will allow them to rule the world.

But conspiracies leave traces, and a small band of intrepid PC's has noticed something is off. The Investigators will need one eye on the trail, another eye on their backs, quick trigger fingers, and a good dose of luck if they are to track down and take down who-ever it is that commands the soldiers in the phase suits and free the world!
Yes, a lot of this is wanting to run combat with that gimmick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
A friend of mine many years ago ran a Chivalry & Sorcery game where aliens had discovered Earth. Mashed up lots of written SF from the 70s and earlier (many years ago) So the Kzinti had built a base in Australia and then a allied fleet found it. When it was all over you had the Great Australian Sheet of Glass and lifepods all over the planet. Kzin, Tran, Dilbians, Thranx, number of others scattered around. The PCs only encountered Kzin and lizardmen but we knew that more was out there.
Yeah, its a fun scenario with a lot of variations! Mentally, I keep on coming back to it. I'm not 100% sure that I've got a good group for it, but maybe.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote