Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-05-2011, 01:03 AM   #291
gurpsguy

Default Re: [OOC] The Marching Storm

So, no feedback on "Siege Master Blix" the goblin architect, master builder, engineer then, huh? Where is everyone?
gurpsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:52 AM   #292
Epic Kobold

I like his name. Build seems solid enough, but I'm still a bit of a GURPS noob.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #293
gurpsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Kobold View Post
I like his name. Build seems solid enough, but I'm still a bit of a GURPS noob.
Thanks Epic. I appreciate the feedback, bro.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #294
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpsguy View Post
So, no feedback on "Siege Master Blix" the goblin architect, master builder, engineer then, huh? Where is everyone?
IIRC striking strength is considered exotic, and it still seems like a bunch of equipment. But still seems like a well balanced similar character.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #295
gurpsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
IIRC striking strength is considered exotic, and it still seems like a bunch of equipment. But still seems like a well balanced similar character.
I thought 2 lvls of striking strength was within normal range? I can always make changes if necessary. I can spend those points elsewhere. The equipment is actually much less and much cheaper and I explained how he got every piece of equipment or the animals that he has. He created most of it himself from materials he gathered or collected himself from the wild or scavenged or bartered/traded for them. He typically only uses the boar as a pack animal and tracker. The horse is his only real means of transportation. The portable tool kits and such are required for him to be of any use whatsoever with his skill set as a siege engineer, builder/architect, armourer/blacksmith, etc.

Any character who is an engineer/builder/armourer/smith at this point level without tools is virtually worthless. He needs them to do what he is made to do. Something has to give, right?

In fact, if there isn't a way to work around this equipment/encumbrance issue to make this character useful, then I will scrap the whole concept of a siege master and make a guerilla soldier outdoorsman... and make things much simpler. Whatever you guys want I don't care. I just want to find an acceptable concept and run with it. That is, an acceptable character that is somewhat useful and fun to play, of course. Otherwise, what's the point, right?

Last edited by gurpsguy; 08-05-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #296
Skullcrusher

Gurpsguy I have a way for you to scrap the idea and still keep the concept with less equuipment. Say you lost you gear to a raid by a bunch of bandits and you are looking for employment to earn enough money to regain the things you once had. Godfrey has alot fo moneya t his disposal and may be able to loan you some if you prove to be useful.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #297
gurpsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Gurpsguy I have a way for you to scrap the idea and still keep the concept with less equuipment. Say you lost you gear to a raid by a bunch of bandits and you are looking for employment to earn enough money to regain the things you once had. Godfrey has alot fo moneya t his disposal and may be able to loan you some if you prove to be useful.
True, or I could use the extra points from taking out striking ST and use it to buy signature gear... Even if it means tweaking things here and there. I guess I will wait and see what Harry has to say, then decide what to do. Thanks for the suggestion, I will keep it in mind.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:54 AM   #298
gurpsguy

Hi everyone, sorry to do this, I know I basically just posted my interest & character concept, but things have changed for me. I've got so many other priorities right now that I must use my online gaming time for other things. I apologize once again, please don't hate me. I hope you all have fun. Maybe if things change for me down the line I can come back.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:20 AM   #299
Harry O'Gane

Just spent a whole eternity typing a post only to have it erased by wrong button. Curse you, apple.

Anyway, long story short, it's hard to get any internet access here so i'll just note two things. First, I can't open tbat character of yours, gurpsguy, but I guess it's a shame you wont be joining us.

Second, I think I'll have some prper access to the internet on Tuesday, when I'll pop a post in the IC.

Marko
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #300
archypetro

A shame tha tyou have to leave us gurpsguy.

I was almost tempted to change my character since you made one so similar to mine!

:)

Oh well, i can wait til the battle finishes.
archypetro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
banestorm, caithness, civil war, mass combat, yrth