Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #551
Flyndaran
Untagged
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Forest Grove, Beaverton, Oregon
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
The thing is, European nations don't have the history with the Klan that the United States does.
It's also the ever popular, "If you have nothing to hide, then why do you need a mask?" that even citizens fall prey to.
I am glad that I frequented a local convenience store often enough that no one batted an eye when I forgot to take off my ski mask upon entering. My identifiable gait kept my idiot teenager head intact.
I feel for those with scars/deformities that may feel stared at even when wearing nondescript masks.
__________________
Beware, poor communication skills. No offense intended. If offended, it just means that I failed my writing skill check.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #552
Manycubes
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

The Georgia Guidestones

I’m surprised this place has not made the list. It was built by a secret organization in the late 20th century to provide guidance to a future post apocalyptic society.

http://www.guidestones.us/

Were the builders future time travelers bringing a message back to their forbearers? A secret society with a hidden agenda covered up by apocalyptic misdirection? A group of cultists wishing to atone for their actions which will cause the destruction of all we know?

Would these stones have meaning to an actual post apocalyptic society or just be more undecipherable artifacts from the “time of man”?

Whole campaigns could be created around these stones and the group that built them, both before and after the apocalypse.
Manycubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #553
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manycubes View Post
The Georgia Guidestones

Iím surprised this place has not made the list.
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...&postcount=203
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #554
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
No. Banks and the like take exception to people coming in wearing masks, full-face motorcycle helmets and similar, because robbers have used them to conceal their faces, but there's no law against wearing masks, and an attempt to pass one would likely be treated as a sign that the would-be legislator needed to calm down a bit.
I used to have this problem with people when I worked at Circle K (a big convenience store chain in the Western US and Canada). Policy was that costumers had to be asked to remove masks. I once asked Santa to remove his beard on Christmas Eve, and I had a guy with one of those skull-bandana things that bikers wear refuse to remove it until I called the police (that was tense!).
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #555
Manycubes
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Doh! That will teach me to try to skim an entire 54 page post while listening in on my business meetings.
Manycubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #556
Flyndaran
Untagged
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Forest Grove, Beaverton, Oregon
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I used to have this problem with people when I worked at Circle K (a big convenience store chain in the Western US and Canada). Policy was that costumers had to be asked to remove masks. I once asked Santa to remove his beard on Christmas Eve, and I had a guy with one of those skull-bandana things that bikers wear refuse to remove it until I called the police (that was tense!).
How is that a mask or in any way identity concealing?
__________________
Beware, poor communication skills. No offense intended. If offended, it just means that I failed my writing skill check.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #557
Mister Ed
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

If it is what I think it is, it's a bandana that is printed with a skull and covers the lower half of your face.

This is what I'm thinking of, and if this was it, then I'd expect anybody with a no mask policy to object...

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/images/MG-11573.jpg
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #558
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
How is that a mask or in any way identity concealing?
Because if he was to rob me (or attack me) neither I nor the camera could identify him to the police. "Yes officer I was attacked by Santa Claus. Yes the beard was fake, why do you ask?" Robbing a store on Christmas Eve dressed as Santa has happened and even makes sense from a criminal perspective (low police staffing combined with the likelihood that the Santa might not be asked to unmask).

Just because someone is dressed like Santa doesn't make them innocent.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 09-23-2013 at 05:52 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #559
Flyndaran
Untagged
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Forest Grove, Beaverton, Oregon
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Because if he was to rob me (or attack me) neither I nor the camera could identify him to the police. "Yes officer I was attacked by Santa Claus. Yes the beard was fake, why do you ask?" Robbing a store on Christmas Eve dressed as Santa has happened and even makes sense from a criminal perspective (low police staffing combined with the likelihood that the Santa might not be asked to unmask).

Just because someone is dressed like Santa doesn't make them innocent.
You said that it was the biker with the bandana on his head that nearly resulted in police intervention, not the fake bearded guy.
__________________
Beware, poor communication skills. No offense intended. If offended, it just means that I failed my writing skill check.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #560
Flyndaran
Untagged
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Forest Grove, Beaverton, Oregon
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
If it is what I think it is, it's a bandana that is printed with a skull and covers the lower half of your face.

This is what I'm thinking of, and if this was it, then I'd expect anybody with a no mask policy to object...

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/images/MG-11573.jpg
Oh well, then that's more of an old western bandit mask fit for robbing stage coaches and trains, than what I think of as a "biker bandana".
I was thinking skull as in the person's skull rather than face kerchief with a printed skull.
__________________
Beware, poor communication skills. No offense intended. If offended, it just means that I failed my writing skill check.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blueberry muffin, fermi paradox

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.