Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-26-2023, 03:30 AM   #1471
ajardoor

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

(OC: You mean First Aid skill, Gathika? Bain, your Leadership skill is not the right choice.)

The wounded hob gets treated. It seems every downed warrior and stripling was not killed, but they are now very hurt. They will not be fighting anytime soon without magic.

The sandbox set up in the center looks to have some kind of rough map drawn in it with fingers.

(OC: Someone want to roll Search? Knot-tying?)
Old 02-26-2023, 02:41 PM   #1472
Hide

OOC: My intention is more inclined to motivating the party to aid the defeated creatures, and probably grant the team a bonus of sorts. Also, I want the hireling to feel even more motivated towards the party. But Gathika is rolling diplomacy for us! I think Vic has knot-tying. And if Mihrimah was a thief, maybe she could help us searching.

As part of the process, Bain checks the place for traps (14+1) 15, and checks the area for useful information or details, observation (13+1) 14. He will carefully reproduce an interpret the map in the sandbox using cartography (12+1) 5.
Old 02-27-2023, 07:38 AM   #1473
ajardoor

Bain can copy the map from the sandbox onto paper if he has paper and writing implements. It looks another cave complex. In fact, it looks like the caves you were in before going into that secret door.

He notes that the other way out of the current room is clear.

(OC: Diplomacy is not the right skill for questioning prisoners. Interrogation is. Leadership skill does give bonuses, but its description explicitly says WHAT bonuses to what (resisting fear, resisting mind control, influence rolls for leading NPCs, Loyalty checks). The shadow elf hireling already has Loyalty 22, she loves you guys.)
Old 02-27-2023, 07:49 AM   #1474
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Telrith has a search of 12. Can anyone beat that?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 10:59 AM   #1475
vicious Violence

Vic ties the goblinesses, rolled 8 (skill level 15)

We will try a new song and dance.

He will interrogate carefully (+2) and with a potential +3 for Gathika's healing

Vic's skill level is 12+2+3, rolled 7

Where are the necromancers? Who is your boss?

Vic has scrounging 15, which can be used to search

(rolled 8 just in case)

Last edited by vicious Violence; 02-27-2023 at 11:16 AM.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 02:20 PM   #1476
ajardoor

None of the hobs were carrying cash. It seems that they were cleaned out recently.

The hobgoblins themselves clarify their position; the necromancers drove them from their normal home in the previous caves, they spend their leftover money buying this refuge from the actual residents of the cave (goblins). They have no leadership; they were all slaughtered by the necromancer scum. They mention their old homes are now occupied by undead hordes created and commanded by a lich and a vampire.
Old 02-27-2023, 05:08 PM   #1477
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
None of the hobs were carrying cash. It seems that they were cleaned out recently.

The hobgoblins themselves clarify their position; the necromancers drove them from their normal home in the previous caves, they spend their leftover money buying this refuge from the actual residents of the cave (goblins). They have no leadership; they were all slaughtered by the necromancer scum. They mention their old homes are now occupied by undead hordes created and commanded by a lich and a vampire.
"Goblins having property? buying and selling property?
I only have one more question, what is the way to the necromancer scum? Take us there and give us their name, for it to be destroyed."

Vic rolls 5 for interrogation
I think this might be a critical.

Last edited by vicious Violence; 02-27-2023 at 05:16 PM.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 03:39 AM   #1478
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
"Goblins having property? buying and selling property?
I only have one more question, what is the way to the necromancer scum? Take us there and give us their name, for it to be destroyed."

Vic rolls 5 for interrogation
I think this might be a critical.
The goblins can force the hobgoblins to pay for room, that's enough like property.

As for the necromancer? The hobgoblins happily tell the adventurers that the masters of the undead are in the previous cave complex, most likely in one of the rooms upstairs. Be on guard for hordes of undead servitors!

Judging by the sandbox map and the descriptions given, the two rooms where necromancers could be are at opposite ends of a "T" junction that's at the top of the south stairs. One of the rooms, on the east, is smaller. The western upstairs room is larger, it used to be their main living quarters.
Old 02-28-2023, 07:27 AM   #1479
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Telrith searches the room... skill of 12, roll of 9, success by 3!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 02:23 PM   #1480
Hide

Quote:
The hobgoblins happily tell the adventurers that the masters of the undead are in the previous cave complex (...)
Bain looks at the creatures and speaks: So, you look like capable of putting up a fight against the necromancers, why haven’t you joined forces with the goblins to free yourself from the necromancers? Why would you give the goblins money if you are likely to disappear altogether with the necromancer around?

Don't you know? Tough times don't last, tough people do.

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic