Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 08-03-2018, 04:15 AM   #1
CardDiceian

Default Facings for Multi-Hex figures (not already illustrated)

I'm currently working on a scenario that includes a 1 megahex Giant Snapping Turtle - (obviously I'll have to create my own playing piece for this).

the current rules have facing (F, S, R) illustrations for the following figures.

1 hex / 2 hex / 3 hex giant / 4 Hex Dragon / 7 hex *long dragon*

But are there any illustrations for the 14 hex *2 megahex* dragon and 1 megahex creatures?

Are there any other tricky shaped configurations that need to be considered too?

**unable to post illustrative examples here**
CardDiceian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:49 AM   #2
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: Facings for Multi-Hex figures (not already illustrated)

Yes, there are more in issue #29 of TSG from 1980 - which was reprinted on www.TheFantasyTrip.game website - and has illustrated examples of things like a Giant (1 MH) Spider, and an Elephant Multihex Creature Counter Diagrams

Enjoy.

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 08-03-2018 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Typo
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:23 AM   #3
CardDiceian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
Yes, there are more in issue #29 of TSG from 1980 - which was reprinted on www.TheFantasyTrip.game website - and has illustrated examples pf things like a Giant (1 MH) Spider, and an Elephant Multihex Creature Counter Diagrams

Enjoy.

JK
Perfect - Thank you Mr K. :)
CardDiceian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:09 AM   #4
Jim Kane
Banned

My pleasure.

JK
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:25 AM   #5
Skarg

There are also some diagrams and counter art (and stats) for in-between and greater-than-14-hex dragons in Metagaming's Interplay magazine issue .

It seems to me that it would make sense for some animals to have facings and shapes that vary by their anatomical arrangement of head, eyes, limbs, etc., not just by the number of hexes they are, and I find that rather fun & interesting, which is why I'd love to see a facing diagram with sample counter art for every creature type.

Also for larger creatures, sometimes it would make sense to show where certain body parts are, e.g. for purposes of attacking them. e.g. Can you reach the wings of a 4- or 7-hex dragon with a 1-hex melee weapon if you are only adjacent to a front or tail hex?

And, can some large creatures change their shape, and how does that work? Certainly a multi-hex serpent should be able to. Bears can go from 2-hex to 1-hex by standing up, etc.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote