Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Daily Illuminator

Old 08-23-2021, 11:01 PM   #1
RoboAdmin
Spam Assassin

Default August 24, 2021: What To Reprint

August 24, 2021: What To Reprint

Read this article on the Illuminator.
RoboAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:50 AM   #2
Consequences

Default Re: August 24, 2021: What To Reprint

Hacker. That is all.

Well, not all but it's the thing which I have procrastinated on harassing you about reprinting for the last decade or so and got me to finally register in response to your Daily Illuminator request, so it's at the top of my list.
Consequences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:08 AM   #3
JLV

Any and all Pocket Box games -- especially the Ogre and Illuminati series. I love these games, and really enjoy giving them as gifts --both to new folks and even to folks who had them before in the long ago. And they love playing them too.

And while I particularly enjoy those series, the Car Wars series, and all the stand-alone games are fantastic too!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 11:14 AM   #4
kkc

How is it that I've been a Steve Jackson customer for 35 years and haven't had a forum account until now? Anyway.

My first vote for a reprint candidate is In Nomine, but I also understand why that's problematic and unlikely. The subject matter isn't all that popular, there are complicated IP and rights issues, and the whole system needs a ground-up rethink in order to fit today's standards for a fun RPG. And while the GURPS sourcebook was a good stopgap, there's a lot of stuff unique to the In Nomine world that (in my mind) seems to demand a standalone game system.

Toon is my second choice, but that's also dated in a particular way. A movie critic I like observed recently that the 1940s animation we enjoyed in television syndication through the 1990s hasn't really aged well because a lot of the rules of comedy have changed. So the Toon that we knew back in the early days of SJG, which was built on that particular model of cartoon logic, is also really limiting.

Can we have a new consolidated Chez Geek? That's wholly owned by SJG and doesn't require any funny licensing. It's also a simple gameplay loop that doesn't require any re-engineering, and I'm sure there's enough of a market to support making an all-in-one box that includes the original game, all the expansions, corrected rules and some updated Kovalic art. Also, as a card game that's not collectible and doesn't require any funny extra components, it's something that could conceivably be put together domestically in the States. This seems like the most realistic thing to ask for.
kkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:34 PM   #5
Jarl Wilm

MIB 1617 here. My FLGS asked me when we would be getting Revolution back. I love the game and he said he had a customer who was asking for it.

I would love it if you'd reissue The Stars Are Right and the Chez line, so I could get back to demoing them. TSAR is my wife's favorite, and Chez was always good when I only had about 20 min. for a game.
Jarl Wilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 01:10 PM   #6
TheSwedishMunchkin

I'm very new to Munchkin (maybe been playing it for 8 months and I'm still learning new things)

but there are some munchkin expansions that I would love to have

-Munchkin Clowns. I think this will get a reprint? if I'm wrong then: that one please :P

-Munchkin kittens

-Munchkin Unicorns and friends (i didn't even know Munchkin was a thing when this happen, so got very bummed out when I couldn't get it anymore)

-any Holiday Munchkin set (Halloween, Easter, and so on)

-if I could get my hands on Munchkin Grimm I would be in heaven :D

that's pretty much it. I bet there's more that I don't even know about yet, but as you can tell, I love the small sets, because I love themes :)

hope this helps

(also: this is my very first comment to this forum, so Hi :P )
TheSwedishMunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:42 PM   #7
Rolando

More GURPS 3e stuff.

Robin Hood and Cyberpunk, I don't see those in Amazon, think they are not POD yet.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:42 PM   #8
Buzzardo

For me, I would like to see GURPS, Illuminati, and Ogre always be in print.

In related news, I recently introduced some friends to Illuminati (second edition), and it was a big hit.

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:39 PM   #9
u235operator

I'll vote for INWO. The second edition is good. The covid expansion was a nice diversion.

But if ever there was an era for a new INWO set it would be now! The Kardashians? The California governor recall? January 6th. a twice impeached president?? A president doctoring a hurricane weather report with a sharpie??

Outside of politics, how about global warming, ransom ware, wildfires, karens, the Wahington football team, Las Vegas Raiders??
u235operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 04:15 AM   #10
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwedishMunchkin View Post
but there are some munchkin expansions that I would love to have
Several mini-expansions are shipping to stores right now, including Clowns, Kittens, and more. And more shipping this fall.

As to Grimm Tidings . . .

https://munchkin.game/products/games...kin-gift-pack/
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote