Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #141
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah View Post
OOC I was hoping we'd at least get to see it and what it was doing before it went and killed us./OOC
What fun is that?
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #142
ErhnamDJ

The weather stays much the same as you continue to walk. You lose 4 FP each.

To all appearances, things seem calm. Until they're not.

The ground spirals open in front of you. Thousands upon thousands of rats begin to spray out into the air, some flying hundreds of feet. Then the ground begins to shake and swell. It pulses in front of you. And two last rats crawl out, each standing forty feet on its hind legs, and wearing a crown.

Dorli faints at the sight of them. Rats scurry over his armored body. If he wakes, he will know that rats are the true rulers of Hell (a ten point Delusion).

Athelard has never been so scared in his life. He is suddenly more terrified of rats than anyone has ever been of anything, gaining a Phobia of Rats with a control number of 6. His bowels empty into his pants and he flees away from the rats at top speed.

Michelle has seen worse. The rats are scared of her, as all animals are. They give her a wide berth as they scurry away from her.

The two giant rats begin to chitter as they assess you with their burning red eyes.

Last edited by ErhnamDJ; 08-18-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #143
Poonbahbah

Michelle will attempt to transition from surprise into a deep bow towards the pair wearing crowns, if/when they stop their chattering and/or seem to pay a bit more attention to her then each other she will raise and say, Greetings your Majesties. I am known to most as Miss Grey and my two compainions are Doril there (points at Doril) and Athelard, who seems to have run off. They simply must be forgiven for their lack of decorum due to their obviously not being used to seeing royalty of such magnificence and presence. May I inquire as to if there is anything in particular that my King or Queen require of myself or my companions, perhaps some pleasant intercourse, or to share some fine repast with us, maybe it is just that you wished to see who passes through your domain? If we trespass we apologise for our error. Our only excuse being that we have only just recently arrived to this part of Hell. Our destination is a place known to us as "The Caves."

Now she waits for a reply and readies to cast a maxed out Haste on herself if they start to approach in a manner that seems even the slightest bit aggressive. She rather hopes they speak Common.

Diplomacy of 10, rolls a 10

[OOC]Must pick up Unfazeable ASAP. Darn my wanting more Magery! Note to self we're both down 6 FP from our hike.[/OOC]
Old 08-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #144
ErhnamDJ

Michelle needs to make two Will rolls at -5.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #145
Poonbahbah

When I fail it'll be spectacular I'm sure. Rolls were 10 and 8, so both successes.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #146
ErhnamDJ

One of the giant rats leans down and begins sniffing at you. It's about a hundred feet away. It starts inching toward you.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #147
Poonbahbah

Michelle will inch herself over to Doril where she'll try to proud him to wakefulness. As she's inching she'll keep her eyes on their majesties and cast Maintain Spell on her and Athelard's Darkvision for a point of energy (reduced to zero) to maintain them for 5 minutes and not have them count as spells on, Ditto her Missile Shield. Then one level of Blur on herself as well as on Doril, casting maintain on both spells once she's finished casting them.

Rolls are successful

[OOC]Still at 8 FP[/OOC]

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 08-18-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Gah, wrong name!
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #148
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah View Post
Sarah
Who? :)

When you move back, the giant rat skitters back to its friend. You need to make a Will roll at -5 on that turn, and then it'll be two more every turn after that. Until you fail....
Old 08-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #149
Poonbahbah

Rolls are 7 and 12 so fail by 2, And here I was about to try and scare them off by casting a great big blot of Darkness between us.

OOC Gah and oopsie
Old 08-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #150
ErhnamDJ

A weird blue cloud forms in the air next to the rat's face.

Tags
welcome to hell