Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #111
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah View Post
After returning Itus' bow Michelle will say, "Still, I think I'd rather try to find a way out. It could be as simple as finding a demon we can get to banish us to our home plane as we could to it if it were in ours. Though I imagine that would be quite the adventure in it's self."
"Well, I ain't never heard of nothin' like that."

Quote:
"So how long have you been here? Why hasn't the succubus killed you yet, at least I thought they, err, made love then killed their victim. "
"I don't think time works the same here. Maybe it do. If so," he rubs his cheek while he thinks, "maybe I been here three hundred years. Just judgin' by how much I've aged." He chuckles. "As for my sweet succubus, that's not what they all do, and even then only if they have a mission. People back in the living world think too much of themselves, methinks." He thinks for a little while longer. "Y'all sure talk funny. Maybe that's important."

Michelle knows that there was a shift in the language about four hundred years ago. The halfling's tongue matches that of old texts.

Quote:
"I think I've got an inkling of what's out there, none of it good. So is there day and night here, in regular schedule like on earth?
"There ain't nothin' re'glar like that here. You can't predict stuff. Sometimes it rains fire for years on end. Other times, the sky's so bright you think your eyeballs'll melt out." He wiggles those disgusting goggles he's wearing, then shrugs.

Quote:
What can you tell us about what we can expect to face outside of your safehaven, tempature, creatures, plants, demons, ghosts?
"Yep. All that stuff. I can draw you a rough map."

Quote:
Are you willing to give us any supplies before we part ways? How exactly are we supposed to leave your safehaven?
"I'll let y'all out. As for supplies, he," pointing at Dorli, "owes me for that wine he destroyed. And I have other stuff for trade if you got anything worthwhile to offer."

Quote:
Any parting wisdom for us before we leave?[/COLOR]"
He shrugs. "Don't drink the water."
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #112
Poonbahbah

What happens if you do drink the water?

A map would be much appreciated please and thank you.

If we find anything worth trading out there we might well come back, but I have nothing to trade right now.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 07-21-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #113
Dorin Thorha

Quote:
"I'll let y'all out. As for supplies, he," pointing at Dorli, "owes me for that wine he destroyed. And I have other stuff for trade if you got anything worthwhile to offer."
Dorli pulls out his Dwarven Whetstone. "This was made by my people, and will give an edge to your weapons that nothing else can equal. It is worth far more than your putrid brew. What do you have to square the count?"
Old 07-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #114
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
What happens if you do drink the water?
"If I drink it, I become violently ill. And sometimes you grow horns." He holds up his fingers to where one is sticking out of each side of his forehead. You can see two little scars underneath them. "I got lucky and was owed some favors. No tellin' how bad that might have turned out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorin Thorha View Post
Dorli pulls out his Dwarven Whetstone. "This was made by my people, and will give an edge to your weapons that nothing else can equal. It is worth far more than your putrid brew. What do you have to square the count?"
Tipsy snatches the stone out of your hand, then holds it up to his eye and inspects it. "It ain't worth much," he says. "But seein' as this is all you got." He shoves it into his pocket.

He puffs away at his pipe for a little while, seeming to have no concern about the passage of time. He coughs a little and mumbles something about having found a bad patch of nettles.

"Now, about that map," he says. He grabs a small bone off the ground and starts scratching at the dirt. "Pay close attention. This is important." He scratches the bone haphazardly across the ground, making a roughly horizontal line. "This here is the chasm of fourteen torments. All fourteen of 'em are different kinds of rape. In the demon's language, they's all different, so they named it after those fourteen particular kinds. I ain't too up on their speech. If you really got to know what it means, you'll have to find someone else to explain it."

Then he draws some jagged lines underneath that line. "This here is The Caves. It's the closest thing to a town you gonna find in these parts. A lot of the demons livin' there have done work in our world and picked up our habits. It ain't such a bad place, far as Hell goes."

Then off in the corner he draws a circle. "This is the panopticon of pain, where we's sittin' right now."

Then he tugs on his beard and thinks for a while. "That's just about it. I can't tell you much more. Either the rest is secret, or I ain't been out that far. And the ground seems to change. Only stuff put there on purpose stays the same. One day you might have to cross fifty miles of desert to get from one part of The Caves to another, and then the next day they might be a stone's throw away from each other. Time and dimension ain't like it was back home. You'll have to get used to it. Make sure you don't leave your stuff sittin' around in that kind of place. Now tellin' what might happen to it if the terrain changes while you ain't lookin'."

Here is the map he drew. Tipsy rolled real bad at both Area Knowledge and Cartography.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #115
Poonbahbah

Can you tell us what kinds of demons inhabit the caves, and how friendly they might be to us? Also, is The Caves in the side of the chasm or is the entrance to them short of the chasm? Any landmarks we might be able to go by? If you plan on going there soon we could act as guards to help ensure we all get there safe.

So the land is unpredictable? Ah well. So anything we put down might disappear if we look away, or only if the whole land changes while we're not looking? If we camped in different tents would the campsite stay together, or would the individual tents get separated, or do you not know?

(HL Demons vs 15 rolled 8)
Old 07-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #116
Dorin Thorha

"What do you eat and drink here?"
Old 07-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #117
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Can you tell us what kinds of demons inhabit the caves, and how friendly they might be to us?
"Oh, sure," he says. "There's lots of demons. One for just about every kind of evil that can be inflicted on a person . . . or a soul . . . or another demon, come to think of it. They ain't gone none for them Things from Beyond Space and Time. Those &#%^ers scare the ^$*@ out of the demons.

'You'll find all kinds in The Caves, but they ain't gonna cause you no trouble. Not unless you cause some to them first, or they feel like they can get away with it. But they ain't gonna know what you are. You ain't a ghost, so they'll prolly figure you're another kind of demon--one in disguise.

'Out yonder, it ain't gonna matter. All kinds are birthed out there. All kinds. And they just go around and terrify whatever they can find. That's where I go to collect my little exploding pals. You saw 'em up there, didn't you? I go rope up some and keep 'em in there, swap 'em out sometimes. I use those for security. So nobody messes with my stuff. You better not mess with my stuff."

Quote:
Also, is The Caves in the side of the chasm or is the entrance to them short of the chasm?
"Not so close. They's before you get there. Not even demons would want to live there. Because of the screams. It's demons they rape down there, not ghosts. They capture 'em in their little skirmishes. Demon lords always fightin' one another over territory and souls and sometimes they just tryin' to escape from Things. Those Things . . . they ain't like back home. They's serious about this place. They like it. Or maybe they hate it. Maybe it's just fun to torment the demons. Or maybe they's getting payback or fightin' a war on this side that I just can't see the other side of." He shrugs. "Those down in the chasm . . . they scream aplenty. Enough to keep me from going there. They say there's old demons down there. Big ones. Some say what's down there still runs this place. But nobody really believes it, I don't think."

Quote:
Any landmarks we might be able to go by?
"If there was on the way over, there wouldn't be on the way back. Yesterday, there was a mountain a million miles high. Today I had to take a boat."

Quote:
If you plan on going there soon we could act as guards to help ensure we all get there safe.
He smiles, showing his rotted teeth. "I ain't headin' back that way quite yet. I got to go hide my new stuff off of them that didn't live like you." He brushes away his scribblings on the ground. "I got my hidin' places." He points his finger into your face and leans in close enough for you to smell the rot coming out of him. "And I ain't tellin' you 'bout my hidin' places."

Quote:
So the land is unpredictable? Ah well. So anything we put down might disappear if we look away, or only if the whole land changes while we're not looking? If we camped in different tents would the campsite stay together, or would the individual tents get separated, or do you not know?
He shrugs again. "No tellin'. But one time I woke up and my brother here was twenty feet away from me. Damndest thing I ever seen. Only happened the once."

Quote:
(HL Demons vs 15 rolled 8)
You know there are enough different kinds of demons to fill a hundred different books if you only list their names. Different demon lords and gods and parts of Hell all spawn unique types. And more than one wizard has gone mad trying to make sense of it. Even more went mad messing around making their own types. It doesn't seem to take much to twist them into new kinds. Breed a demon with something a there's a million things that affect how it turns out. Different kinds of torture produce a different kind, as do how the thing is conceived. They're not like people in that regard.

Demons make elven heredity look like it makes sense.

But some kinds are more common than others. Those little exploding ones he has up there are one of the most common. The other is your standard, run-of-the-mill demon. Not special at all, and they fill up the demon lords' armies. It's that basic form that is usually twisted in some way to create the new varieties. But not always.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #118
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorin Thorha View Post
"What do you eat and drink here?"
"I eat the rat meat. And I drink the juices I squeeze out of the rats. I got me a press hidden away up in here that I use to squeeze the juices out. Yeah, rats grow out of the ground the same as demons. They ain't like our normal rats. These is Hellrats I'm talkin' 'bout. Burns your insides. But I got used to it. Burns comin' out, not goin' in. If you know what I mean. Probably because they ain't eatin' normal rat food. They live off the corpses of demons." Then he makes a weird chuckle. "I can trade you if you find somethin' worth trading. If we work together, I reckon we could find enough rats to keep us all alive down here. But that will have to wait for another day. Y'all need to skeedaddle on out of here, since I have stuff to do. Go wait by the exit and I'll let y'all out."

He gets up and starts walking away. He's not going near the exit.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #119
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
He gets up and starts walking away. He's not going near the exit.
A few minutes later, you hear a loud clanking sound followed by the twang of cables.

"It's on a timer!" you hear the halfling yell.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #120
Dorin Thorha

Dorli leads the way out.

Tags
welcome to hell