Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-07-2006, 05:04 PM   #101
Infornific

Default Re: Historical Folks 4e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Pee_Kitty
I would prefer that all of the templates be finished (all converted and collected). After that, if an attractive text-only layout is okay, I could have it done within a day or two. Gathering together free (public domain or free-use) medieval-style clipart would take more time, of course.

We'd also have to decide on the scope of the file -- attempting to update the entire e-book of GHF to 4e is a much more ambitious project than simply converting the templates. We'd be talking about several pages of lead-up (discussions of skills, etc.) and then the full notes and descriptions, etc., on each page. I would want to have Brian's blessing before doing that.

On the other hand, just making an attractive PDF of the updated templates themselves could be done quickly and easily without stepping on anyone's toes. It would really require both PDFs to use, though, since you'd want the notes and character ideas and such.

If the latter, even if I have to track down all the clipart myself, I say less than a week from file to downloadable, at the absolute worst. If the former, that leave a lot of sample characters to convert and a lot of typing to do -- that's more of a months-long project.
I've got the templates I made in a Word document - I was planning on grabbing the others posted here to add to it, with the authors' permission. I should probably describe any Talents I've created at the beginning but I haven't done that yet.
Infornific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:26 PM   #102
Atreyu_Hibiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infornific
I've got the templates I made in a Word document - I was planning on grabbing the others posted here to add to it, with the authors' permission. I should probably describe any Talents I've created at the beginning but I haven't done that yet.
Seeing as I keep correcting previous posts as I get better at this, I'd recommend not grabbing mine, at least, until the whole project's finished.
Atreyu_Hibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:33 PM   #103
Dani Hibiki

If you guys e-mail me the files (word, notepad, anything), I can save them in once place. Sounds like someone else may put them together (I'm still new at this) but at least we won't lose them.

EDIT:
I just want to make sure there is a spare set of files somewhere, I can't convert and I don't know PDFs well. I would just hate for a computer crash to erase all this work.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:46 PM   #104
Atreyu_Hibiki

Miner [30 points]

Attributes: ST 10 [0] DX 10 [0] IQ 10 [0] HT 11 [10]
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d; BL 20 lbs; HP 10 [0]; Will 10 [0]; Per 10 [0]; FP 10 [0]; Basic Speed 5.0 [0]; Basic Move 5 [0]
Advantages: A total of 20 points chosen from: ST+1 [10]; Extra FP [3/level]; Increased Per [5/level]; Increased Will [5/level]; Common Sense [10]; Damage Resistant (tough skin) [3/level]; Fearlessness [2/level]; Fit [5]; Night Vision [1/level]; Rapid Healing [5]; Resistant to Poison (+3) [3]; and Tough Guy [5/level].
Disadvantages: A total of -15 points chosen from: Chummy or Gregarious [-5 or -10]; Code of Honor (any) [-5 to -15]; Duty [varies]; Hidebound [-5]; Poverty [varies]; Reputation [varies]; Social Stigma [varies] and Status [-5/level].
Primary Skills: Climbing (A) DX+1 [4]-11 and Lifting (A) HT+1 [4]-12.
Secondary Skills: A total of 4 points in any of: Animal Handling (any) (IQ/A); Artist (Woodworking) (IQ/H); Carpentry (IQ/E); Geology (any)/TL (IQ/H); Masonry (IQ/E); Mechanic (mining machinery)/TL (IQ/A); Packing (IQ/A); Prospecting (IQ/A); and Survival (any) (Per/A).
Background Skills: A total of 3 points in any of: Axe/Mace (DX/A); Brawling (DX/E); Carousing (HT/E); Engineer (mining)/TL (IQ/H); First Aid/TL (IQ/E); Leatherworking (DX/E); Metallurgy/TL (IQ/H); and Smith (Iron) (IQ/A).
Notes: Based an a template originally designed by Jamie Revell.
Tough Guy is a Talent from GURPS Mysteries.

Last edited by Atreyu_Hibiki; 03-03-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:09 PM   #105
Atreyu_Hibiki

Default Minstrel

Minstrel [25 points]

Attributes: ST 10 [0] DX 10 [0] IQ 10 [0] HT 10 [0]
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d; BL 20 lbs; HP 10 [0]; Will 10 [0]; Per 10 [0]; FP 10 [0]; Basic Speed 5.0 [0]; Basic Move 5 [0]
Advantages: A total of 25 points chosen from: HT+1 [10]; IQ+1 [20]; Appearance [varies]; Bardic Immunity [10]; Charisma [5/level]; Language Talent [10]; Musical Ability [5/level]; Patron [varies]; Reputation [varies]; Thespian [5/level]; Versatile [5] and Voice [10].
Disadvantages: A total of -25 points chosen from: Alcoholism [-15 or -20]; Chummy [-5]; Compulsive Behavior (any) [varies*]; Compulsive Carousing [-5*];
Delusion [-1 to -15]; Enemy [varies]; Overconfidence [-10*]; Impulsiveness [-10*]; Jealousy [-10]; Lecherousness [-15*]; Poverty [varies]; Selfish [-5*]; Status [-5/level] and Truthfulness [-5].
Primary Skills: Musical Instrument (any) (H) IQ+1 [8]-11, Singing (HT/E) HT+1 [2]-12, and a total of 4 points in any of: Public Speaking (IQ/A), Literature (IQ/H); Performance (IQ/A) and Poetry (IQ/A).
Secondary Skills: A total of 6 points in any of: Dancing (DX/A); Languages (varies); Musical Composition (IQ/H); another Musical Instrument (IQ/H).
Background Skills: A total of 5 points in any of: Area Knowledge (IQ/E); Carousing (HT/E); Fast-Talk (IQ/A); Hiking (HT/A); Riding (any) (DX/A); Savoir-Faire (IQ/E); Sex-Appeal (HT/A); Streetwise (IQ/A) and Survival (any) (Per/A).
Notes: Based an a template originally designed by Michele Armellini. Thespian is a newly created Talent that represents a natural born actor. It affects Acting, Performance, Public Speaking and Sex Appeal. Reaction bonus from actors and performers and those looking to hire them.

Last edited by Atreyu_Hibiki; 02-17-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:37 PM   #106
Infornific

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu_Hibiki
Seeing as I keep correcting previous posts as I get better at this, I'd recommend not grabbing mine, at least, until the whole project's finished.
Good point. I might revise some of mine.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:41 PM   #107
Infornific

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu_Hibiki
Judge [25 points]

Advantages: Status 1 [5] and a total of 25 points chosen from: Charisma [5/level]; Clerical Investment [varies]; Common Sense [10]; Empathy or Sensitive [15 or 5]; Favor [varies]; Intuition [15]; Legal Enforcement Powers [5 to 15]; Legal Immunity [varies]; Reputation [varies]; Single-Minded [5]; Wealth [varies] and further Status [5/level].
Disadvantages: A total of -20 points chosen from: Bad Temper [-10*]; Bloodlust [-10*]; Bully [-10*]; Code of Honor [-5 to -15]; Hidebound [-5]; Honesty [-10*]; Intolerance [varies]; Reputation [varies]; Secret [varies]; Sense of Duty [-5 to -20] and Stubbornness [-5].
Primary Skills: Law (M/H) IQ+2 [8]-12 and a total of 8 points in any of: Detect Lies (Per/H) and Interrogation (IQ/A).
Secondary Skills: A total of 6 points in any of: Criminology/TL (IQ/A); Diplomacy (IQ/H); Intimidation (Will/A); Merchant (IQ/A); Psychology (IQ/H) and Research (IQ/A).
Background Skills: A total of 4 points in any of: Area Knowledge (any) (IQ/E); Body Language (Per/A); History (any) (IQ/H); Literature (any) (IQ/H); Religious Ritual (any) (IQ/H); Philosophy (any) (IQ/H) and Theology (any) (IQ/H).
Notes: Based an a template originally designed by Michele Armellini
Law would cost 12 points, not 8.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:42 PM   #108
Atreyu_Hibiki

Mortician [10 points]

Advantages: A total of 10 points chosen from: IQ+1 [20]; Above Suspicion [1]; Clerical Investment [5]; Resistant to Disease +3 or +8 or Immunity to Sickness [3, 5 or 15]; Reputation [varies]; Religious Rank [5/level]; Social Chameleon [5]; Status [5/level] and Wealth [varies].
Disadvantages: A total of -15 points chosen from: Bad Smell [-10]; Code of Honor (Professional) [-5]; Duty [varies]; Low Empathy [-20]; No Sense of Humor [-10]; No Sense of Smell/Taste [-5]; Reputation (unclean) [varies]; Sense of Duty [varies]; Social Stigma (varies) and Workaholic [-5].
Primary Skills: Professional Skill (Mortician) (IQ/A) IQ+1 [4].
Secondary Skills: A total of 4 points in any of: Artist (any) (IQ/H); Artist (Weaving specialty: Funeral Wrapping) (IQ/A); Naturalist (M/H); and Writing (IQ/A); .
Background Skills: A total of 7 points in any of: Artist (Calligraphy or Woodworking) (IQ/H); Expert Skill (Thanatology) (IQ/H); Jeweler/TL (IQ/H); Religious Ritual (any) (IQ/H); Physiology (any)/TL (IQ/H); Smith (Iron) (IQ/A); Professional Skill (Perfumery) (IQ/A); Savoir-Faire (any) (IQ/E); and Theology (any) (IQ/H).
Notes: Based an a template originally designed by Eric Nail

Last edited by Atreyu_Hibiki; 03-03-2006 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #109
Atreyu_Hibiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infornific
Law would cost 12 points, not 8.
Gack! Those 3e crazy 8s get me every time! Thanks!

EDIT: Corrected.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #110
Atreyu_Hibiki

Default Mourner

Mourner [15 points]

Advantages: A total of 15 points chosen from: Empathy or Sensitive [15 or 5]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Immunity to Sickness or Resistant to Disease +8 [15 or 5]; Musical Ability [5/level]; Reputation [varies]; Thespian [5/level] and Voice [10].
Disadvantages: A total of -15 points chosen from: Callous [-5]; Dependents [varies]; Odious Personal Habits [-5 to -15]; Poverty [varies]; Social Stigma [varies] and Status [-5/level].
Primary Skills: Religious Ritual (any) (H) IQ [4]-10 and a total of 3 points in any of: Acting (IQ/A) and Singing (HT/E).
Secondary Skills: A total of 5 points in any of: Dancing (DX/A); Literature (IQ/H); Makeup/TL (IQ/E); Musical Instrument (any) (IQ/H);
Poetry (IQ/A); Professional Skill (Mortician) (IQ/A); Public Speaking (IQ/A); Theology (any) (IQ/H).
Background Skills: A total of 3 points in any of: Carousing (HT/A); Performance (IQ/A); Savoir-Faire (any) (IQ/E) and further Secondary Skills.
Notes: Based an a template originally designed by Michele Armellini. Thespian is a newly created Talent that represents a natural born actor. It affects Acting, Performance, Public Speaking and Sex Appeal. Reaction bonus from actors and performers and those looking to hire them.

Last edited by Atreyu_Hibiki; 02-17-2006 at 10:35 PM.