Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #1171
WaterAndWindSpirit

Default Re: List Of your favorite Custom Perks

Key Memory: You have Photographic Memory to remember which key goes into which lock. You always find the right key for the right lock on the first try.

I have this perk IRL. That, or I have an Aspected Photographic Memory.
WaterAndWindSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #1172
Flyndaran
Untagged

That raises the idea of other Photographic memory Perks.

House memory: You know every aspect of your home and can find anything no matter how small or navigate it in the dark without any table bumping.

Name memory: even if told once long ago and no matter how complicated it may be, you always remember someone's name.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:26 PM   #1173
Racer

Immune To Annoying American Tourists : Saw this in modern day Supers Campaign . One person's hero is/was a Tour Guide for Coach Trips around major European Cities & tourist attractions .
No matter how rude , arrogant , obnoxious , irritating , unintelligent , silly or bizarre Americans act , you are unflappable in any response to them .
Can also be extended to certain Canadians as necessary ...

Became a major plot point when an American Hero ( think Punisher meets Deadpool type , with the manner of a grumpy Sabertooth ) signed up for a London-Athens package in his civilian persona ... hilarity ensued ...
Must find & post the strip on Deviant Art that another player drew : Geneva ; Customs ; French Wine ; Anti Tank Missile System ; Paperwork ... I'll let your imagine the scene until I can locate it .
Old 03-25-2019, 02:53 PM   #1174
WaterAndWindSpirit

Controlled Sleep: you fall asleep whenever you want to for however long you want to. You still suffer from the normal effects of missed sleep, but you are otherwise in complete control of your sleep, from when you fall asleep to whenever you naturally wake up. You can literally order your body to take a 2 hours power nap during a train trip and not wake up until either the hour you choose or something dangerous that would have woken up anyone else happens, whichever comes first.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:31 PM   #1175
jason taylor

Always Beautiful:

This character never loses aesthetic and sexual appeal no matter how many times they have been injured. They can be struck in the face repeatedly and it will be radiant. They can escape from a Gestapo dungeon with no sign except a tasteful dueling scar (I'm talking to you Lazlo!). They can spend three years on the Russian Front and look like someone who could attend a ball. They can go to Auschwitz and look the way-Jane Seymour-looks at a concentration camp.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:26 AM   #1176
coronatiger

Unarmed aim*
* You must specialize by a weapon you can Fast-Draw and throw.

You can take the Aim action with your chosen weapon before drawing it. After Aiming for one or more rounds, you can attempt to fast-draw and throw the weapon. If you fail the roll to draw the weapon, or you take any action other than throwing the weapon after drawing it, including Aim and Do Nothing, you lose the bonus gained by Aiming before drawing the weapon.

It's obvious to anyone who looks that you are aiming something at the target, even if it isn't necessarily clear which weapon you are going to use.

If you have this perk for several weapons, e.g. throwing knives and shuriken, you must declare which weapon you are preparing to use when you announce the Aim action.

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:31 AM   #1177
CeeDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by coronatiger View Post
It's obvious to anyone who looks that you are aiming something at the target, even if it isn't necessarily clear which weapon you are going to use.
What makes it obvious is that you drawl "It's hiiiiigh nooooon!"
CeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:24 AM   #1178
WaterAndWindSpirit

Natural Subject: You are incredibly receptive to realistic hypnosis. Anyone trying to use the Hypnotism skill on you for harmless/positive purposes (like providing anesthesia, or just for consensual harmless fun) gets a +4 to their Hypnotism rolls.

I have that perk IRL.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:39 AM   #1179
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterAndWindSpirit View Post
Natural Subject: You are incredibly receptive to realistic hypnosis. Anyone trying to use the Hypnotism skill on you for harmless/positive purposes (like providing anesthesia, or just for consensual harmless fun) gets a +4 to their Hypnotism rolls.

I have that perk IRL.
This sounds more like a Quirk than a Perk. It gives the character a better chance of being put in a compromising position. You may be convinced it's for your benefit going in, but once you're hypnotized I don't see how it couldn't be turned around to work against you.

Resistance to Hypnotism would be a better Perk, IMO.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:20 AM   #1180
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
This sounds more like a Quirk than a Perk. It gives the character a better chance of being put in a compromising position. You may be convinced it's for your benefit going in, but once you're hypnotized I don't see how it couldn't be turned around to work against you.

Resistance to Hypnotism would be a better Perk, IMO.
That seems to be based on the idea (whether realistic or not) that trying to get a thus hypnotised subject something it doesn't really want tends to be resisted much stronger.

Tags
house rules, perks