Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 02-15-2016, 02:37 PM   #1
evikour

Default Help me out here

When using this card in a battle, does the item I take from another player have to be legal for me to use, meaning for example an item requiring a hand where my two hands are occupied by other items or a second big item when I already have one in play? Do I get to keep the item when the battle is over?
Can I use this card (and do all the above apply) if I am the helper in a battle?
Thank you!
evikour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #2
bonetm

Default Re: Help me out here

You can keep the Item and you can use as a helper, as long as it fulfills the condition that it's the difference between winning or losing, when you play the card.

The english card specifically mention you can switch your cards to make room for the new Item. Again, it has to fulfill the same condition to be the difference between winning or losing.

So, if you have a +1 card in 1-hand, and a +2 Item in the other 1-Hand, you could take a +5 2-Hands card, if you need 2 to beat the monster...
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:58 AM   #3
MunchkinMan

If you're not a Cleric, you couldn't take a Cleric-only Item because you can't use it. And, the card says you may discard something (not switch out) of your own before taking the new Item. This means that you can discard an Item that would be in the way of you using the Item you take, but again, if you couldn't use the new Item for some other reason (not the right Class/Race/gender, most likely) it won't make the difference between winning and losing, so you couldn't take it anyway.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 02-16-2016 at 12:30 PM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:32 AM   #4
evikour

Thank you both for your answers!
MunchkinMan do you agree with the example bonetm gave me?Is it legal to take the 2-Hand item (lets say I don't want to discard any of the other two 1-Hand items I already have in play) if it makes the difference between winning and losing?
And if so, when the battle is over do I get to keep all three items and just turn sideways some of them so as my new set up is legal?
Thanks again!
evikour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:47 AM   #5
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

You cannot change the status of Items in order to use Help Me Out Here. The card allows you to discard a single Item, if you want, but you cannot unequip anything or alter your layout in any other way.

So no, Igor's example is not legal.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:50 AM   #6
bonetm

My bad. I recalled you could discard to make room for the new Item, but I didn't remember it was a single card. Also, I forgot to mention in my example the discarding part, but I stand corrected.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote