Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-20-2019, 09:08 AM   #1
dbm

Default GURPS Girl Genius

I haven’t seen anything on the SJG side but Studio Folio has confirmed that GGG is well advanced:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2628791

“Also, Girl Genius GURPS is becoming a reality! That’s Steve Jackson’s Generic Universal Role Playing System for those who might not know. We’ve looked over their manuscript and added a bunch of our own stuff, and now it’s almost ready to send back to SJG. We are very excited about it.”
dbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:49 AM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: GURPS Girl Genius

Nice!
Updated the W23 rumors section, though update is not live yet. I'll do that later today after the latest from Kromm
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbm View Post
I haven’t seen anything on the SJG side but Studio Folio has confirmed that GGG is well advanced:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2628791

“Also, Girl Genius GURPS is becoming a reality! That’s Steve Jackson’s Generic Universal Role Playing System for those who might not know. We’ve looked over their manuscript and added a bunch of our own stuff, and now it’s almost ready to send back to SJG. We are very excited about it.”
Whew!

In 2017, I happened by the Foglio table at GenCon, and I don't know why, but we got talking briefly about GURPS, and they'd said that major progress had been made on this front while there. I kept my mouth shut because I'm not a vector for leaks and press releases, but I've been expecting SOMETHING like this for a while. A full RPG is a big project, and gets moved on and off burners as needed . . . but I'm glad the pot looks like it's starting to simmer.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:31 AM   #4
The Colonel

Excellent. I was going to ask about it on the licenced properties thread but thought it was one of those topics that it was unwise to bring up...
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:35 PM   #5
Hide

Marginally related questions:

Is girl genius the character in Dalillama‘a avatar/DP? Was girl genius present in GURPS 3e material?
Old 09-20-2019, 11:25 PM   #6
dataweaver

Yes, Dalillama's Avatar currently features Agatha Heterodyne, the central character of Girl Genius. No, Girl Genius never appeared in GURPS 3e.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:15 AM   #7
dcarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
Yes, Dalillama's Avatar currently features Agatha Heterodyne, the central character of Girl Genius. No, Girl Genius never appeared in GURPS 3e.
GURPS IOU has Foglio artwork and one of the background characters looks like Agatha to me. But that's as close as it comes.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:43 AM   #8
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
GURPS IOU has Foglio artwork and one of the background characters looks like Agatha to me. But that's as close as it comes.
Right! That was the material I read!

PD. Thanks dataweaver.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:16 AM   #9
Blind Mapmaker

First: Yes! A thousand times yes! This has been on wishlist for a long time, but the release of the novels have made the Girl Genius line even more attractive for GMs and players. I hope a roleplaying game will have much more on this amazing background stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
There's a clear reference to Girl Genius on the chapter 2 opening page (a fake yearbook): A character that looks like a modern Agatha Heterodyne and she's called "Agatha Hete[...], Mad Scien[...]" (rest is cut off). Make of that what you want, but I took it that the many interdimensional connections of I.O.U. also connect to Girl Genius Europa.

(And if you go for that sort of reference, it also looks like Terry Pratchett is enrolled in the Department of Metaphysics.)
Old 09-22-2019, 02:10 AM   #10
namada
Banned

Meh - I care less about this than Mars Attacks and I wish that had never happened. Hoping it makes some GURPS profit though. ;)
namada is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
girl genius, webcomic