Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 04-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #1
hcobb

Default Flaming Silver Dagger Staff

Flaming Silver Dagger Staff: 1d-1 +2 for flames = 1d+1

Flaming Silver Dagger Staff with Weapon Mastery: 1d-1 +2 for Mastery = 1d+1 therefore flames add +3. Final result is 1d+4

Very Fine Flaming Silver Dagger Staff: 1d-1 plus 2 for craftsmanship is 1d+1 therefore flames add +3 and final result is 1d+4

+2 enchantment Flaming Silver Dagger Staff: 1d+1 plus 3 for flames is 1d+4

Right?

Note all of the above is the normal weapons damage. Occult strike gets no bonuses at all from any of the above.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:15 PM   #2
Skarg

Default Re: Flaming Silver Dagger Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
Flaming Silver Dagger Staff: 1d-1 +2 for flames = 1d+1
Yes.

Quote:
Flaming Silver Dagger Staff with Weapon Mastery: 1d-1 +2 for Mastery = 1d+1 therefore flames add +3. Final result is 1d+4
No. Flaming bonus is based on how much damage the weapon does, and I would assess that even before the adjustment for fine quality, but certainly before the adjustment for the skill of the user.

Therefore 1d-1 +2 flaming +2 Mastery = 1d+3

Quote:
Very Fine Flaming Silver Dagger Staff: 1d-1 plus 2 for craftsmanship is 1d+1 therefore flames add +3 and final result is 1d+4
Maybe. As above, I'd tend to think the effect of flaming is based on the type of weapon before any bonuses, so 1d-1 +2 flaming +2 fine = 1d+3.

Quote:
+2 enchantment Flaming Silver Dagger Staff: 1d+1 plus 3 for flames is 1d+4
As above, I'd say 1d-1 +2 flaming +2 enchantment = 1d+3.

Of course then there's the fine flaming enchanted silver dagger wielded by a master (who's probably not a wizard, since that would waste a lot of potential spell knowledge), which would be:

1d-1 +2 flaming +2 fine +2 enchantment +2 mastery = 1d+7 (which I'd convert to 3d). It's also pretty darned expensive. I'd rather spend that effort on a larger weapon.

Fine flaming enchanted greatsword wielded by a master is 3d+1 +1d+1 flaming +2 fine +2 enchantment +2 master = 4d+8 (which I'd convert to 6d+1). Then I'd give it to someone who can get up to adjDX 16, for some nice sweeping blow mayhem...
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:23 PM   #3
hcobb

Default Re: Flaming Silver Dagger Staff

Advantage of this nonsense is that it imposes torch penalties on animals while leaving both hands available for spellcasting.

Then when humans HTH (animals can't) you've got the flaming weapon to apply at really close range to their tender spots.