Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-23-2011, 01:12 AM   #1
Trachmyr

Default [MA] Help with a Fighting Stance.

In a DF-esque game I'm running, my stepson built an assassin's creed style character, which is all fine and dany, but he's fighting in a particual style that uses a combination of options that have left me a bit unsure as to their combined effect.

He wields a pair of Long Knives with Main-Gauche Skill (having bought the appropriate Weapon Adaptation Perk), and is a Weapon Master. He uses Focused Defense (Deny Left... usually), with his presented/right knife in a standard grip, and his denied/left knife in a reversed grip.

The main weapon is easy enough to figure out:
Reach C,1 and +1 Parry. Front Hexes Only. Can Defend at penalty vs. weapon-side flank, or make wild swings against flank or back.

It's the other weapon I'm having difficulty with, particularly vs. flank and rear attacks. Is the following correct?
Vs. Front Hexes: Reach C and Parry -3.
Vs. Left Flank: Reach C,1 and Wild Swing. -3 Parry
Vs. Right Flank: Reach C,1 and Wild Swing. No Defense.
Vs. Back: Reach C,1 and Wild Swing. No Defense.

Also, would it seem appropriate to switch his Back Hex and his Right Flank Hex? But if so, does that mean his main weapon can still defend vs. what was his Right Flank, or not. Maybe trade defense on his main hand allowing Left Flank instead of right flank?

Any feeback would be appreciated!
Trachmyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
focused defense, martial arts, reversed grip