Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-29-2019, 09:47 AM   #21
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: Pyramid Dungeon Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
I didn't even know series 2 existed until pretty late in it's run... so I have almost none of it. That's the one I keep hoping will eventually see rerelease...
I strongly suspect that it will never be released in its original form. It exists as a large bundle of diversely formatted HTML files, not particularly well suited for release in the kinds of formats SJ Games uses without considerable work. What you can expect, I think, is things like this the PDC, collections of themed articles which have been updated and revised. After all, if they're going to put in the labor necessary to re-edit and lay out the articles for PDF, they may as well get somebody to bring the content up to date.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:38 AM   #22
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
What you can expect, I think, is things like this the PDC, collections of themed articles which have been updated and revised.
Sure... but like the errata notes for DFRPG, I'm not holding my breath.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 05:18 PM   #23
Joseph R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
BTW, I don't know if anybody's mentioned it, but has anybody noticed that "Wellsprings of Creation" provides a framework which ties up all the other locations in the Pyramid Dungeon Collection, the freestanding adventures published to date, Caverntown, Tower of Octavius, Hellsgate, and a whole bunch of fantasy-friendly locations from 3rd edition Pyramid into a single Dungeon Fantasy setting?
Oh, I noticed! I would have used this in a heartbeat, if it had been available when I started my DF campaign. So far I've used the DFRPG / DF adventures: ISaR, AtRM, and Hydra Island, and have dropped the Tower of Octavis onto my map.

Instead I used the (systemless) D&D setting World of Jordoba as the basis for my campaign, in the absence of any official DF setting at the time. Now I just need to work out how to squeeze in Nordlond in there somewhere.

BTW, the PDC looks like a lovely collection of material. I'm sure I'll use much of it.

Formerly known as Unwitting Pawn
Joseph R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:52 AM   #24
Bruno

Thanks for the well-wishes folks :)

I haven't finished the book because I nod off, but so far Saroo is my hands-down favorite. It tickles my fancy in just the right way, somehow :) Uxuloth is running a close second, but I have so much more to read!
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 04:58 AM   #25
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I haven't finished the book because I nod off, but so far Saroo is my hands-down favorite. It tickles my fancy in just the right way, somehow :) Uxuloth is running a close second, but I have so much more to read!
Glad you're feeling better.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pyramid