Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-10-2011, 01:05 PM   #41
Sunrunners_Fire

Default Re: Healing vs. Cure Disease

May I suggest that those interested in the Healing advantage, but are disappointed that it doesn't restore lost limbs by itself, look at (Psionic Powers, pg 14) for the Restore Limb enhancement? *grins*
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #42
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facial Tentacles View Post
If you want regrowing limbs to be a trivial thing, don't play with hit location rules.
There's "trivial" and then there's "cheap and easy". You seem to be conflating the two.

Kuroshima runs high point total games (400+ points IIRC) - in a party with 400 point combat characters, performing feats of cinematicsm on a regular basis, sometimes you really DO need to be able to duct-tape someones arm back on in 10 minutes flat, just to "keep up" with how awesome everyone else is.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #43
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrunners_Fire View Post
May I suggest that those interested in the Healing advantage, but are disappointed that it doesn't restore lost limbs by itself, look at (Psionic Powers, pg 14) for the Restore Limb enhancement? *grins*
Oh Psionic Powers. Is there anything it CAN'T do?

See, that's exactly what I'm looking before. And it just shows the Affliction build is baroque.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #44
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Oh Psionic Powers. Is there anything it CAN'T do?
Make you breakfast . . . but I think that's about it. ;-)
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #45
Lamech

Mind control and use conditioning to give someone the obsession "make sure the guy who mind controlled me never goes with out breakfast."
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #46
Sunrunners_Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
Mind control and use conditioning to give someone the obsession "make sure the guy who mind controlled me never goes with out breakfast."
Mind Control (Conditioning, +50%; Always Slow and Sure, +40%; Faster Slow and Sure, 10 seconds, +75%; Decreased Immunity 3, +150%; No Signature, +25%; Rationalization, +20%)
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:53 AM   #47
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Quote:
That doesn't appear to be the correct thread? It's about resurrecting people, but doesn't mention Afflictions at all.
It's the part about letting the already-dead person sacrifice advantages to become alive again. There are other issues, like Permanent duration on a single-use ability, and retroactive effects without time-spanning, and having not just dead but long dead and decayed people able to make HT rolls, off the top of my head.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:30 AM   #48
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
There's "trivial" and then there's "cheap and easy". You seem to be conflating the two.

Kuroshima runs high point total games (400+ points IIRC) - in a party with 400 point combat characters, performing feats of cinematicsm on a regular basis, sometimes you really DO need to be able to duct-tape someones arm back on in 10 minutes flat, just to "keep up" with how awesome everyone else is.
Nearing 500 points ATM, DF with some minimal house rules :)

And your comment on duck taping an arm back makes me think you're a fan of Nodwick too ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_wilson View Post
It's the part about letting the already-dead person sacrifice advantages to become alive again. There are other issues, like Permanent duration on a single-use ability, and retroactive effects without time-spanning, and having not just dead but long dead and decayed people able to make HT rolls, off the top of my head.
Well, my chosen build for a Resurrection power has always been a time spanning, malediction, permanent beneficial affliction granting an extra life. You take the time spanning time penalties to the moment of death, and give them a permanent Extra Life at that moment. Since Extra Life mentions that there might be a delay between death and return to life, well, it's RAW. Of course, the target must pay the points for the extra life, or take appropriate disadvantages. Since it's a beneficial affliction, with malediction, the target can (and will) void his roll to resist.

In fact, this sort of exists in my DF game, as Lesser Resurrection (same prerequisites than resurrection, but costs only 50 energy, and imposes a -1 HT penalty on the target [Basically, it forces them to use the meditative magic rules, to convert character points into spell energy, at a rate of 25 points of spell energy per character point, as per Fantasy and Thaumatology]. This HT reduction also reduces the racial HT maximum).
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #49
Bruno

Quote:
It's the part about letting the already-dead person sacrifice advantages to become alive again.
It's the part about the already dead person sacrifice advantages, as per the sacrifice magic system, to power a magical spell.

Which is basically totally unconnected to what Resurrection Lite is.

Quote:
There are other issues, like Permanent duration on a single-use ability, and retroactive effects without time-spanning, and having not just dead but long dead and decayed people able to make HT rolls, off the top of my head.
Those are your personal objections, not Kromms, and definitely have nothing to do with that thread.

Where is Time Spanning from, anyways? I'm having a devil of a time finding it again.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #50
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
It's the part about the already dead person sacrifice advantages, as per the sacrifice magic system, to power a magical spell.

Which is basically totally unconnected to what Resurrection Lite is.

Those are your personal objections, not Kromms, and definitely have nothing to do with that thread.

Where is Time Spanning from, anyways? I'm having a devil of a time finding it again.
Powers, no idea on the page (IDNHMBWM)
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cure disease, healing, powers, spells